Hey Guys,

Its my first post here, and i hope you can help me out.

I have recently been having trouble with my blackberry in that whenever i send an SMS message to anyone who owns a Sony Ericsson phone, it simply will not alert the user to there new message. At first i thought it was something to do with a particular persons phone, but it has now occured that it is infact all Sony Ericsson phones.

This therefore leads me to the conclusion that it is something either to do with all Sony Ericssons, which is unlikely because when i first got the blackberry it would alert the owner to the new message. So therefore im lead to believe it is a setting on my blackberry that has been changed accidentally.

Would this sound about right to you guys? If so any ideas what needs changing to solve this frustrating problem?

Thanks in advance and i do hope that the above makes sense, if not dont hesitate to ask.

Thanks again,

Joseph Bromwich
    06-08-10 01:50 PM
    What carrier do you have? What carrier(s) do the owners of the Sony Ericsson phones have? Do you have any issues sending SMS to people who have the same carrier as the Sony Ericsson phones, only different phones?
    06-08-10 01:54 PM
    I am in the UK and am on Virgin Mobile, with an unlocked blackberry. And the sony ericsson that i cant text do all happen to be on vodafone, now you mention this, it does seem very coincidental. i'll try and find someone on vodafone without a sony ericsson and give it a try.
    06-08-10 02:06 PM
    Okay, i have just tryed a vodafone user who doesn't havea sony ericsson and the phone shows that there is a new message with the text alert. Any ideas on why this isn't working with the sony ericssons?
    06-08-10 02:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD