Greetings, blackberry 8310: some keys are not working, now normally I would think it's because it has gone through some rough punishment, but odd enough, sometimes they work. The Keys i'm talking about are the Z-C-N-M-SPACE-RIGHT SHIFT-LOWER VOLUME keys, but, when I press Z like 10 times it starts to work, so does the C, and then the N and M and SPACE, and what's even weirder is that when the keys do work, they work without any problem whatsoever, I think it's a software problem or something or an OS problem but I'm not an engineer, so I dont know. Any help at all would be much apreciated and thank you in advance
    02-20-10 04:37 PM
    Moisture damage.
    02-20-10 05:07 PM
    Ah, I see, is there any way to fix this or anything?
    02-22-10 05:09 PM
    i am having this problem as well however i tried the pushing z 10 times and that did nothing btw this is an unlocked att (i have t-mobile) i also have an 8320 for t-mobile however the usb port on that one isn't working and not only can i not update the os(4.2) but i seem to be missing modules since i cant even download the facebook or myspace even though i have the icons for them(which means whoever had it before obviously could use them!
    02-24-10 02:25 AM
    Probably not, if the damage has already done because the contacts are part of the mainboard.
    02-24-10 06:09 AM
    I have the exact same problem with the same buttons. I have the blackberry 8300 unlocked in asia but I dont have any bb plan so I dont have any service warrantee. I have already tried hard reseting numerous times and even software reset, still not working. the strangest part is that I havent exposed my device to moisture.

does anyone know what to do?
    03-26-10 05:08 AM
    Do a search of Crackberry for "cleaning keypad with alcohol" or some variation without the quotes and read the posts.
    03-26-10 08:51 AM
    i am guessing your BB motherboard is damaged, but cleaning it with alcohol is worth the try.
    03-26-10 04:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD