The battery might be bad on your Storm if it's saying ''no battery'' indicator. The only thing I could think of that would give you a problem is that if you got moisture in the phone or anything of that nature that could cause it to be screwy.
    03-24-09 05:55 PM
    Esteemed Blackberry friends,

I have an 8320 and it is doing this same thing. I have wiped the handheld through the BB, wiped it with JL_CMDR, reinstalled OS twice, formatted the media card, and replaced the battery with a brand new one. It is still powering off and cannot be turned back on unless it gets plugged in.

I had originally cleared all the logs, internet/browser cache, etc. I have plenty of memory 21+ MBs.

Any other suggestions? Your help is IMMENSELY appreciated!
    04-11-09 02:10 PM

I have an 8320 and it is doing this same thing. I have wiped the handheld through the BB, wiped it with JL_CMDR, reinstalled OS twice, formatted the media card, and replaced the battery with a brand new one. It is still powering off and cannot be turned back on unless it gets plugged in.

I had originally cleared all the logs, internet/browser cache, etc. I have plenty of memory 21+ MBs.

No reason to post in numerous forums about this. Your answer will come shortly.
    04-11-09 02:12 PM
    No reason to post in numerous forums about this. Your answer will come shortly.
    I had subscribed to two forums on this same topic and that is why I posted in both of them. Different people will be reading both of the threads and I am hoping to get as many opinions as possible. THANKS!
    04-11-09 02:19 PM
    I had subscribed to two forums on this same topic and that is why I posted in both of them. Different people will be reading both of the threads and I am hoping to get as many opinions as possible. THANKS!
    Understanble, but youmight take a moment to read the forum rules about multipule posting. Just helping out and welcome

PS most folks review all the new posts
    04-11-09 02:25 PM

If you are sure the replacement battery is good. You have done pretty much everything you can do.

How old is your BB? If it is less than 12 mos. old I would take it in for a warranty replacement.
    04-11-09 03:04 PM
    Return it and demand the Bold. Enuff aready!
    04-11-09 03:24 PM
    Worshipfulone-

After I performed a master reset on my BB and stripped the phone down to what I really use, my phone has never had this problem again. On my phone right now I have the following apps:

1. Google Mobile and Google Maps
    2. Blackberry app world
    3. I heart radio
    4. Bloomberg
    5. Poynt

Even with all these apps, I have 16+MB (without a battery pull or hard reset).
    04-12-09 04:10 PM
    Worshipfulone-

After I performed a master reset on my BB and stripped the phone down to what I really use, my phone has never had this problem again. On my phone right now I have the following apps:

1. Google Mobile and Google Maps
    2. Blackberry app world
    3. I heart radio
    4. Bloomberg
    5. Poynt

Even with all these apps, I have 16+MB (without a battery pull or hard reset).
    It's actually my hubby's BB, but he probably has less than you have as far as third party apps go. This was MY BB until about a week and a half ago when I upgraded to the 8900. Such a pain in the ****!

Thank you guys sooooo very much.
    04-13-09 02:33 PM
    TMobile actually gave me a great deal on a new 8320 Curve for my husband since this last one kept dying. The minute he had it up and running, he installed Mini Opera and BOOM...it shut the dang thing down and it wouldn't start up! So...we are thinking this could possibly be the problem, so we've uninstalled Opera off of both BBs. I'll let you all know what our findings are soon.
    04-16-09 05:46 PM
    Received my refurbished phone and within the first day it shut off on it's own. Upgraded to software v4.5.0.110 and the phone has shut off on it's own. So, two phones and two software versions later, I'll try the battery as a last ditch effort. Seems to be happening more frequently so maybe the battery is the key.
    If this is going on with two phones now, it has to be a battery problem. gl!
    04-16-09 06:15 PM
    this just happened to me one hour ago.

my BB received a notification, vibrated in the holster, when i pulled it out, it was off.
    I tried to turn it on back again, didn't work. i plugged it in (even though i know for sure it had more than 85% of the battery charge) didn't work either.

I pulled the battery out, put it back again and voila!

then, i came to this site and i found this thread, which tells me it may happen again

my bb has only 2 weeks, 3 days ago i lost my EDGE signal for 5 hrs at least, i was so considering send it back before the first month exchange warranty and get the 8320, so i can use the wifi if that happens again, now i'm thinking if i should just send it back and get something completely different like the iphone (even though i do not like it, it seems reliable at least) ... i love my bb, but i also want something that i can trust it won't let me down when i least expect it

I plug my bb to the charger every night, and i have at least 18Mb of free memory

and in a unrelated topic : i just checked the log, and there are some PTT level 2 stuff in there and I'm not using it, if i look at the event info, it says always logged, besides last time i clicked in "switch app" the PTT was there, is there any way i can turn it off?

Thanks
    08-02-09 11:12 PM
    Mine started shutting itself off this weekend - had 1/3 battery, no apps running, opened UberTwitter and it died.

Got a charger & it's held well until this morning, when it had a full charge, no apps running, took a 10 min phone call that the signal kept degrading & as soon as I hung up, it died again.

Got my 8310 in March 2008, so I'm out of warranty. I'll try a new battery & if that doesn't work, ATT offered me an $18 early upgrade.

I upgraded to .161/3 late last week. Downgraded back to .110 yesterday. Had been running .124 for a long time (this April?) with no issues.

only recent app is GoogleVoice, which I haven't left running, as I'm not giving out the number yet.
    08-11-09 08:45 AM
    I have the same problem. My Blackberry (Curve 8310, ATT) has been running great for over a year and suddenly keeps dying when using for 10-15 minutes without direct power.

This is NOT a battery problem. I've bought two new batteries and the problem remains.

The only new app I think may be the problem is Opera. A previous poster mentioned Opera, and I didn't realize that the Opera install was right around the time when the problem began.

Not 100% sure, but seems like a good lead.

Again, this is NOT a battery problem.

I want to delete Opera, but it's the only way to manage my Fantasy Football team from the pub!
    10-13-09 08:58 PM
    In an emergency, you can remove the battery and reboot for about 10 minutes of phone life. Once again proving that this is NOT a battery issue.
    10-13-09 08:59 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD