hello im having problems with my computer recognizing my blackberry 8330(boost mobile). the phone itself is connected to the computer properly and even when i go to the media manager it shows up. the problem is when i go to my computer( i am using vista btw) the computer doesn't exactly recognize the device, it just says removable disk (F now im not sure how but one time when i connected the phone to my computer a window appeared called "auto play" which gave me quick and easy access to my phone via different folders, but now when i connect the phone none of that happens. i would like to be able to connect my device to my computer and have that window (auto play) appear when i conenct my phone because it is easier for me to transfer my photo's/music etc.. how can i do this?
    thank you in advance.
    08-13-10 12:04 AM
    Go to Options, Media Card. Look for Enable Mass Storage Mode, change to Prompt.
    08-13-10 02:14 AM
    Or better yet you can just set it to "Yes" so it just automatically will connect to Mass Storage Mode each time you plug the phone into the computer.
    08-13-10 06:59 AM
    Or better yet you can just set it to "Yes" so it just automatically will connect to Mass Storage Mode each time you plug the phone into the computer.
    IMO, this isn't desirable in case the user wants to use Desktop Manager. The pin will not be detected if it is in Mass Storage Mode.
    08-13-10 07:02 AM
    i have it set to prompt or yes and neither work. when i plug my phone into my computer it will charge yes, but i wont see the window "auto play" pop up or i will not see "blackberry" listed when i check my computer. its only a rare time that it occurs. for example, one time i plugged my psp into my computer and then afterword plugged my blackberry and it went through. but when i tried it again it would not go through.
    08-17-10 04:45 PM
    Then the data pin on your usb port isn't being detected. Either your usb port on your phone or the usb cable is defective.

Try using a different usb cable, also try using a different usb port on the computer.
    08-17-10 05:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD