Okay- so I have my BB calendar syncing with Google Sync to my GCal, and my GCal and iCal sync- everything was working fine and then Facebook released their new app and it started duplicating EVERYTHING in my calendar- so now when I look at my calendar I get my green Gcal entries, plus purple Facebook calendar duplicates! To make matters worse somehow I got a blue "Device Default" calendar...which is again, duplicating everything imported from Gcal!

Yes- I know, I'm syncing accross a lot of platforms, but that's neither here nor there.

I don't WANT my Facebook events to show up, so I unchecked that feature- but the entries are still there. FUDGE. So now I've got 3 duplicates showing up which means 3x the alerts, and of course somewhere in this whole mess the repeats have been deleted so I can't just delete one event and have them all disappear.

The only way I can think to fix this is to re-install the calendar but I can't seem to find it anywhere to download it.

Any fixes? Suggestions? This is really annoying- especially since it was ALL WORKING!
    05-19-09 04:26 PM
    I'm also experiencing a similar issue and was searching for an answer. I was very cautious when I downloaded and installed the Facebook app, I even told it NOT to sync or do anything with my calendar data. But, it did. I now also have a "facebook calendar" on my device, blue in my case. And, it is somehow the default selection when creating an appointment. this is not acceptable!

I don't see an option to change that which is what i'm looking for. wtf? A BB is supposed to be a business device first, even if you wanted the fb app why would you want appointments to default to your facebook calendar or events instead of your handheld/desktop. logic fail. i'm about to just delete the app, i'll let you know how that goes...
    05-19-09 06:11 PM
    here's what i found with some more CB searching

The reason the today themes only show the facebook calender is because when the facebook app is installed it creates a new calender in the phone, and this one is set as the default.

To change the calender back to your old default and get the old calender dates back on your today theme go to:

Options > Advanced Options> Default Services > Change under calender

There is no way to show both. Only one at a time.

To delete the Facebook calender all together:

Options > Advanced Options> Service Book > Select Facebook (CICAL) and delete it

Also make sure to reset the phone after all changes!

I would also suggest unselecting the calender feature in facebook if you dont want it! CHEERS!
    05-19-09 06:37 PM
    Great! So at least all the Facebook duplicates are gone...now how do I get rid of the Default one? There's no service book for that...
    05-19-09 07:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD