Hi all -

Just wondering, is anyone having problems with there Blackberry Browser. Every time I access it from the main screen, it seems to run in a loop, it says requesting over and over again, however if i hit menu key, while it says requesting and hit goto the browser part. Anyone else having this problem or know how to correct it??

Thanks
    Hwilensky
    Last edited by Hwilensky; 06-20-09 at 08:10 PM.
    06-20-09 07:36 PM
    I've never had that problem.
    06-20-09 07:47 PM
    I have that problem once in awhile, don't know how to fix it other than what u said. Doesn't really affect me though since I don't use the home page for anything

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-20-09 08:13 PM
    haven't had that problem, my problem is that i keep getting a message that reads a problem ocurred while tryig to render the page.....does anyone know how to fix this
    06-20-09 10:17 PM
    does it do it all the time? Maybe your not in an area where your phone can access the internet? I get terrible reception when I go to my parents house and can only use the internet in certain spots of the house, or I get the same message.
    06-21-09 12:56 AM
    it happens all the time
    06-21-09 06:25 AM
    haven't had that problem, my problem is that i keep getting a message that reads a problem ocurred while tryig to render the page.....does anyone know how to fix this
    Try Browser > MenuKey > Browser Configuration and checking all the boxes (I have all mine checked except the Javascript popup one). Pages tend to render slower but better; perhaps you can find a compromise.

06-21-09 08:01 AM
    I just use Opera Mini. It's soooo much faster & better!
    06-21-09 12:28 PM
    Try going into browser, options, browser configuration, and see what it is trying to load as your homepage. Mine with sprint is powerdeck.sprint.com. But I don't use my homepage for much either

06-21-09 12:42 PM
    While I thank everyone for their help. It still doesnt work. Even the shortcuts that I have, when I click on them, it gives me this requesting loop over and over again. Any other idea's out there?
    06-21-09 07:31 PM
    Have you cleaned your browser cache lately? I would do that & then a battery pull & see if it works any better.

06-21-09 07:57 PM
    It happens to me also from time to time, I can live with it

06-21-09 09:15 PM
    Have you cleaned your browser cache lately? I would do that & then a battery pull & see if it works any better.

How do I do that??
    06-22-09 04:47 AM
    While in your browser, go menu - options - cache operations. Once your there, clear everything. Then try a battery pull.

Just curious, has your browser always done this, or is it a recent thing?

If it has always done this, do you have a data plan with your carrier?

06-22-09 05:40 AM
    How do I do that??
    LazyStarGazer pointed you in the right direction.
    Once you're in the Cache Operations go through the list & clear all of it.

This will cause you to have to log into all your regular sites again because it removes their cookies. That's a minor inconvenience compared to the benefit you will get from doing this. Consider it regular maintenance and do it once a week.
    If you ever happen to come across a site that freezes your phone go ahead & clear your cache after starting it back up.
    To improve performance I also use QuickPull & LogMaid. You can search them out here & decide if its something you need. I swear by all of these things as performance maintenance & I rarely deal with slowness or require battery pulls.
    Good luck!

06-23-09 05:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD