Hi All,

Newbie here - been reading the forum for ages and just took the plunge to register and post as wanted to ask for help from a CrackBerry knowitall..

I've got a Curve 8310 and for the last few days, something's been puzzling me..
    Whenever I get a new email or Facebook notification, the alert doesn't sound at all.. the red light flashes but the phone acts as though the ringer were turned off..
    I have been through the profile meticulously checking tones are enabled at full volume both in and out of the holster and even tried switching to another profile but nothing happens.

SMS and Phonecalls sound perfectly.. it's just this that doesn't and it's driving me mad.

I did have another Curve 8310 earlier in the year for a few weeks and I remember a similar problem happening then which makes me think this may be quite common.. Have you experienced it and how did you fix it? (if you did)

I am running OS v4.2.2.181.

Thanks in advance

Phil
    05-29-08 06:47 AM
    Make sure your profiles are setup properly...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ications-1623/
    05-29-08 07:19 AM
    If your profile is setup perfectly, try a battery pull. It is a cure all, some time reinstalling the os fixes weird quirks.
    05-29-08 07:46 AM
    Have already been through the profiles meticulously.. Not solved a thing

Neither did the battery pull..

Bizarre thing is that I have two email addresses set up on the thing - and that one is fine.. It just fails to make a noise if it's my primary account or my facebook...

Grrrrrr...

Any more ideas guys?

P.
    05-29-08 12:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD