Hey all I am new to my blackberry and simply love it,

....but just had a couple questions about the address book.

1. My friend has the pearl and she can go to blackberry key-->options and put in seperators between addresses or have a shade of gray alternate every other address to make it easier to look at. I noticed on my at&t phone my address book does not have these options. I have only the following options:

Address Book Options:
    Sort By: First Name
    Confirm Delete: Yes
    Allow Duplicate Names: No
    Number of Entries: 16

2. While in the address book my friend can highlight a name and go blackberry key-->activity log and get results of when that person tried to contact you and what form they used (SMS, call, Email) instead of searching thought your whole message inbox to find it. I know you can use the blackberry search thing but this is much faster and easier I think. My curve does not have this option while in the address book.

Are these differences just on AT&T Curves or all Curves or perhaps a pearl vs. curve differences?
    03-14-08 04:29 PM
    What Pearl do they have? If its an 8110, 8120, or 8130, it might be an update in the 4.3OS

I had an 8100 Pearl, and i dont remember that.
    03-14-08 05:27 PM
    She has an 8130 Pearl. Not sure what OS version she has but I have 4.2.2 I think
    03-14-08 05:48 PM
    8130 is probably 4.3.xxx

Thats probably what the difference is then.
    03-14-08 05:58 PM
    Cool thanks for the info. I think your right. I looked on the official blackberry site looking for 4.3 update for my phone but it looks like at&t does not have it available yet. Hopefully one day they will get it hehe
    03-14-08 06:06 PM
    Cool thanks for the info. I think your right. I looked on the official blackberry site looking for 4.3 update for my phone but it looks like at&t does not have it available yet. Hopefully one day they will get it hehe
    Yeah, 4.3 had double lines for the address book...actually a lot of people with tons of contacts HATE it! (and no there is not a way to turn it off on 4.3)
    03-14-08 06:11 PM
    Ahhh crazy, so far 4.2.2 is good to go. I should just be happy with what I got
    03-14-08 06:23 PM
    Yeah, 4.3 had double lines for the address book...actually a lot of people with tons of contacts HATE it! (and no there is not a way to turn it off on 4.3)

Damn, i like the single line setup too, oh well, IF the 4.3 ever comes out, i'll just deal with the 2 lines. lol
    03-14-08 06:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD