Hey,
    I'm headed to Pattaya and Bangkok for some work, any idea where I can buy accessories for my BB over there?
    09-20-08 03:29 PM
    why?

are there no blackberry accessories in your home country? just curious as to why someone would be interested in buying accessories they can get locally prior to, or after, their trip.
    09-20-08 03:46 PM
    its weird dude.... i mean, india is like a HUGE hub for mobiles. Every tom **** and harry has a mobile phone and u have every possible brand except for BB. Reason being is the BBs are generally bought only by power users and corporates for their top staff. Also, BBs cost a lot, I got mine through vodafone and i paid about 600 USD. However, i could get another brand PDA for like 200-300 tops.... Also, most bbs are sold directly through the Networks, unlike other brands which are available officially UNLOCKED!. So i guess BB just isnt popular enough with the masses, hence the dirth of accessories....

Ironical in a way!
    09-20-08 03:51 PM
    this is why i WOULDN'T use a blackberry in India

India Wants To Eavesdrop On BlackBerrys - News Story - WNBC | New York
    09-20-08 03:53 PM
    hmmm... interesting.... oh well.... RUNNN!!!!
    09-20-08 04:02 PM
    yea you should go to any of there huge malls. i went to both places for vacation this past june. all the malls there will have either one whole floor or one big section of electronics/mobile devices/accesories. especially in bangkok. it's crazy though cause you'll be overwhelmed by how big the place is just for small electronic/cellphones.
    but im not sure if they use BB phones there, cuz at the time i wasn't a BB user.
    FYI, if you do find BB accessories, always look around first because other places will be cheaper (even though in general its already cheap wen u convert it to USD.) goodluck and have fun on your buisness trip!
    09-20-08 08:37 PM
    this is why i WOULDN'T use a blackberry in India

India Wants To Eavesdrop On BlackBerrys - News Story - WNBC | New York
    "wants" and "does" are two completely different things. RIM's grip on the source code and encryption algorithm is the secret to their security... if it gets out, blackberry security worldwide is compromised.

so you can bet RIM would sooner stop exporting to India before they open up their source code... which they have already declared they would do when this issue first arose a year ago.
    09-20-08 08:47 PM
    "wants" and "does" are two completely different things. RIM's grip on the source code and encryption algorithm is the secret to their security... if it gets out, blackberry security worldwide is compromised.

so you can bet RIM would sooner stop exporting to India before they open up their source code... which they have already declared they would do when this issue first arose a year ago.
    i agree.... which is why i said "this is why i WOULDN'T use a blackberry in India"
    09-20-08 08:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD