Hi all,

I have a problem. All of a sudden about 30 minutes ago, i noticed that when i plugged in my BlackBerry 8330 into the wall charger that came with it, the charging indicator wouldn't turn on. So i tried charging with USB from the computer and i could transfer data but cannot get it to charge. I tried other USB Chargers and used the BlackBerry's charger to charge my bluetooth headset and it worked, so it can't be the charger. I called Verizon and they only offered to send me a refurbished BlackBerry :'( . I want MY BlackBerry, so if anyone can offer any help, please reply . BTW: I even tried a Security Wipe, but sadly to no avail.
    10-22-09 04:36 AM
    Look very closely at the USB port on your BB. A magnifying glass will help, look for a bent gold contact. I suspect one of your power leads is bent.

You probably should be looking for a charging dock.

They are very cheap now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-22-09 04:49 AM
    Nope, No physical damage to the usb port's pins. i wish it was that simple.... maybe i'll try re-installing the software via AppLoader... i know that probably won't help, but it's worth a try...
    10-22-09 05:10 AM
    I've had the same issue. Was in the usb port. There are many threads on this issue. A charging dock is really the way to go. Only use the usb port when updating from DM. I know this won't fix it but will go along way for a new phone should you have to get one. You could buy the dock now and charge it that way as you say you can transfer data still but not charge through usb port. That way you can keep your phone :-)

10-22-09 06:25 AM
    Thanks for the replies, everyone. I may just call Verizon back and get a replacement, even though it will be refurbished..... Does anyone have any experience with the refurb bb's ? just wondering if it's a good desision
    10-22-09 06:46 AM
    Sometimes, refurbs are bad, but in my personal experience, refurbs have been just as good as, if not better, than new. If you think about it, a refurb has been used, had a problem, and not only has that problem been fixed, it has also gone through tighter qc than a new production line bb

10-22-09 08:27 AM
    Well this is some good news .

When i went to verizon, the tech plugged it into their charger, but first used some blow duster thing (for computer keyboards) and IT WORKED!!!! Then when i got back into the car, it worked there too i'm soooo happpy . thanks anyway for your help people, but NO REFURB FOR ME!!!
    10-22-09 07:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD