Hi everyone. New to the forums. I have had my phone probably for a little over a month now. Twice the screen has turned black while the led light turned red for about 6 seconds then my phone turned off. When I turned it back on it would take around 5-10 minutes to start back up again. Is there any reason why this is happening? Should I return the phone and get a new one or try resetting the software?
    07-10-09 11:36 PM
    Do you do battery pulls or use Quickpull? Have you upgraded your OS? What is you free memory status?
    07-10-09 11:40 PM
    No idea what batter pulls or quick pulls are. Yes i have upgraded the os, but am currently searching to see if there is a new one, or maybe just going to redo the update. I should have plenty of memory seeing as how I have only downloaded a couple of aps, and have a memory card as well.
    07-10-09 11:54 PM
    Battery pull= Physically pulling out the battery while the phone is on and replacing after 30 seconds

Quickpull= An app that simulates a battery pull and can be scheduled to do it automatically.

You need to make sure you close all apps when done by hitting the BB button and selecting close.
    07-11-09 12:00 AM
    What OS version do you have now? When typing the response, type myver in the text field and hit space.. It will do this 8330/4.5.0.131.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-11-09 12:02 AM
    So you are thinking it's a memory problem where I have too many apps open at one time?
    07-11-09 12:04 AM
    Could be a few different things Click the lnk in my sig and read throught that and do some of the suggestions.
    07-11-09 12:05 AM
    Could also be a hard ware issues like your battery

So you are thinking it's a memory problem where I have too many apps open at one time?
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-11-09 12:09 AM
    The software version I have is 4.5.0.77 and after going to the website and checking for updates it's still the latest one. I will try the link you referred me too and check.
    07-11-09 12:17 AM
    Everytime I turn the phone off it turns back on in 3 minutes. Auto on/off is disabled, is there another feature to check other than Options auto on/off.
    11-05-09 07:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD