My wife just got a BBY Curve 8330 and I want one, but I amnot eligible for an upgrade for another 6 months. I found one on Ebay that the seller states "Master Subsidy Locked and phone cannot be activated". Is this a deal breaker. How do you unlock the Master Subsity and where do you get the code?

The seller claims it is a phone from Sprint. Is the info that I found in this thread all I need to be able to get the code and unlock/activate the phone?

http: "forums.crackberry.com/f2/msl-password-needed-64427/"

Thanks...
    06-05-09 02:45 PM
    This is a bump and an attempt at increasing my post count. sorry
    06-05-09 03:16 PM
    BUMP^^^

Any got the answer or suggestions. I have been reading everypost I can find on MSL codes and unlocking phones, but I cannot find a definate answer to my original post...
    06-06-09 12:37 PM
    It probably is a phone from Sprint

When a Sprint phone is activated there is a lock code that needs to be put in before you can program the phone to work with your account..

If that lock code is changed or entered in wrong too many times I suppose you could lock out the phone completely...

I personally wouldn't mess with that situation
    06-06-09 12:42 PM
    "Master Subsidy Locked and phone cannot be activated" when this messege appears it really means that the phone has being reported lost or stolen and therefore you will not be able to activated on sprint service since the phone comes from sprint.
    03-22-10 07:47 PM
    you probably want to look into unlocking an BB 8330. But discussion on unlocking is against the CB policy. So....
    03-22-10 09:57 PM
    you can't unlock a BB 8330 at SIM wise. You will need to find the original carrier and find out if you can activate it or not. It may have been reported lost or stolen.
    03-22-10 10:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD