I have my yahoo mail going to my phone, no problems at all. I HAD my work emails going to my phone through the enterprise server. I had no problems at all. I did NOT use the desktop software for syncing as with the enterprise server, all emails and calendar changes were instant to both my work computer/server and my phone.

NOW - I have cancelled the enterprise server as I no longer am working at that company. The company I do work for does not use enterprise. I have created my email account on my phone and made my personal changes online through the Sprint Blackberry Email page. I get the emails with no problems.

I installed the desktop software (downloaded online as I can't find my disk) and started syncing as I need my address book and calendar to sync regularly. After starting this process and syncing a few times, ever time I (think) send and/or receive (one, the other or both) I get an email from "[email protected]" the etp number changes with each email. The message states the following

"This message is used to carry data between the BlackBerry handheld and an associated server. Please do not delete, move or respond to this message - it will be processed by the server.

BEGINETP 108
    AYKwfKYAAAAAIBAIMzA0MzYxNDQgEUp1bGllQE10Z1dlc3QuY2 9tAAqBvtlQBUNNSU1FA0CA
    gICAMgAAMDQ5RjQzQTA5K0crMQDZmc3D8tpFDRtjZ0PuSKzvAB mKfgoyjdFwtWqi6jaOBGAE
    ENDETP -1500491128"

I have deleted the email account and removed the software from my computer as somewhere I screwed something up. Before starting this process all over again - can anyone help me here? The only things I MUST sync with outlook is my calendar, contacts and tasks. The emails already go to the phone.

Is there a way to be able to have my calendar, contacts and tasks sync without having to use the desktop software? Anyway it just "does" it or will do it without having to plug in?

Also, when I go into the Email Settings on the phone, it has settings I can edit for Desktop, Yahoo and my work. What is "Desktop"???

You can ping me or respond here. I don't know what my blackberry email address is - I don't know if I have one, if I do, I don't know about it!

Please help!
    11-12-09 12:31 PM
    You have BlackBerry Desktop Manager set up for BES. You need to uninstall it and reinstall it for BIS.

Constant emails from [email protected]... - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    11-12-09 01:22 PM
    I will try that, thank you so much!
    11-12-09 01:26 PM
    I'm looking through download options on sprints website. How do I know if it's BIS or BES?
    11-12-09 01:31 PM
    I figured it out. It's an option in the software - BES is Blackberry Enterprise Service and BIS is Blackberry Internet Service. I didn't realize that - so in the software I had chose the redirect option which is BES.....

Ever notice that the more you try to figure out the more complicated you make it on yourself? LOL
    11-12-09 01:38 PM
    Glad everything worked out well.
    11-12-09 02:57 PM
    We shall see if it fixes it.... I sure hope so. All these emails coming in that say absolutely nothing are very annoying!
    11-12-09 04:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD