Hi everyone!

Thank u for taking time to read my message! I am a newbie here at these excellent forums, and delighted to be part of your gang! I do not have a BB device yet, and thus my question is about that!!

I am a postgraduate university student in the UK, and I wanted to ask if you think that a Blackberry device is going to be of any use to a student!! Is it stricktly a professional device or it is an all-around mobile phone??? I mean is it going to be useful and worth its money for me, or shall I go for another typical Nokia??? As I am not working this year but studying, I only have 1-2 emails per day that I have to check and I also have a laptop at home! would u buy a BB if u were in my shoes?? If I buy one, I am thinking about the 8310 (or the 8320 if they sell it here at the UK) which I really like!! Your opinions pls!! Any BB users - students in here???

Thank you for your time and hopefully replies!!
    11-15-07 12:31 PM
    No need to triple post. I answered your question here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f34/bla...help-pls-8751/
    11-15-07 12:42 PM
    Welcome to The Crack.

Please familiarize yourself with the FAQs and posting guidelines. It's generally frowned upon to crosspost the same question in 3 different forums, especially as a newbie.

As for usefulness, the BlackBerry makes a great PIM. I find it much easier to use my calendar, tasks, reminders, and other functions on a full QWERTY device. This, in turn, makes it more likely that I will actually USE it for these functions.
    1 or 2 e-mails a day that you have to check? Are you out of your house a lot during the day? How important are they? It's up to you if you think it's worth the extra cost BlackBerries lose a great deal of their prime functionality without the BlackBerry data plans.

BlackBerries are definitely vaulting into the consumer-only market. My wife and I message a lot more than we call, and my BB gives me access to my personal e-mail while I'm at work or on the go. She and I both have 8300s and we chat on BBM throughout the day while at work.
    11-15-07 12:51 PM
    Hah, John Clark beat me to it!
    11-15-07 12:52 PM
    Sorry guys for my 3ple post! Won't do that again Thank u for your quick quick replies!

Here in the UK we dont have the BB 8320 that comes with WiFi, only the simple 8310! Do u think they have such a huge difference or shall i go with the 8310?? I have been offered the 8310 for free, with a 30-pound programme per month (60$) for a duration of 12 months, plus 13$ per month for the blackberry mail! Do u think it is a good deal?? Thank u!!!
    11-15-07 01:01 PM
    You could try and buy an 8320 from another carrier and unlock it and use it there. Would cost a little more but would give you the device you want.
    11-15-07 03:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD