I always have to reset it. The blackberry works for about 5 minutes, but after that, I need to reset it again to get the thing to work again.

Alt+RightShift+Delete works, and when it locks up, it still does the whole caps thing and the screen lights up. However, no buttons work, except for the modifier buttons and such.

I used that one weirdo 4.5 upgrade, the one that is stickied. I also made myself a custom theme on Plasmic.

Is this a software problem, or hardware?
    03-08-09 04:53 PM
    I always have to reset it. The blackberry works for about 5 minutes, but after that, I need to reset it again to get the thing to work again.

Alt+RightShift+Delete works, and when it locks up, it still does the whole caps thing and the screen lights up. However, no buttons work, except for the modifier buttons and such.

I used that one weirdo 4.5 upgrade, the one that is stickied. I also made myself a custom theme on Plasmic.

Is this a software problem, or hardware?
    Did you use the proper upgrade/downgrade procedure and remove the vendor.xml file when you upgraded to 4.5?

It sounds like a software issue. Have you tried a battery pull? Removing the custom theme? Wiping and reinstalling the OS?

What version DM are you using? I highly recommend 4.6 as 4.7 can cause problems.

I think there are a lot of things that can be done to fix this, however more information is needed.

~Jazzi~

03-08-09 06:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD