Hey guys I installed a bse on my curve and I still use the leather pocket case that came with the phone just incase I drop it, I don't really want it to fall on the screen and crack. But now that I put it in the leather pouch whenever I'm not using it, these black streaks have deveolped on my skin protector. They are really noticable and very annoying and mostly where the phone comes in contact with the pouch. I have tried using rubbing alcohol to clean it but that literally ate through the skin protector. I wanna know if I'm the only one who's had this problem and if I'm not, how do I get rid of them?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-19-08 10:57 AM
    Never heard of that happening but contact BSE custmer service they are awesome at making their custimer satisfied.
    10-19-08 11:08 AM
    I think that the staining is quite common on BSE using the OEM pouch. It happened on mine and I've read many others saying the same.

I wouldn't recommend cleaning with rubbing alcohol, though.
    10-19-08 12:54 PM
    What did you do to clean it? Or did you just get rid of it

10-19-08 01:25 PM
    I haven't had this happen with the pouch that came with it- but I had a wriststrap case that had a kind of had a suede lining and the same thing happened- it all rubbed off. It wasn't that noticeable on mine because of the purple housing, but yeah- bugged the **** out of me and I ordered a new one and switched it out.
    10-19-08 02:00 PM
    Hmm any solutions for my problems?

10-19-08 06:37 PM
    I just used some regular household cleaner (not very much so you don't get liquid on the Curve itself) and gently rubbed it. Most of it came off. Eventually, I will just put another BSE on it.

You might also trying cleaning the inside of the OEM pouch to remove any residual dye. The OEM pouch is not real leather, so you can clean it without worrying about leather issues.
    10-19-08 07:03 PM
    What kind of cleaner did you use? I tried windex and it didn't work

10-19-08 08:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD