I just got my BB Curve about a week ago. The screen goes to black, normally, after a certain period of inactivity. Most of the time, when I touch the trackball or any other button, the screen will light up and I can go on my merry way.

However, once in a while, I have trouble getting the screen back up. Sometimes it will come up, and go right back to black. Or I will have to press several buttons to get it to light up. This process only takes a few seconds, but it's annoying and it seems like something is wrong or I have a setting messed up somewhere. I am trying to duplicate the problem to give a better description but I cannot seem to do that right now. Does any of this sound familiar?
    09-21-08 10:51 AM
    is the phone in stand by mode?
    09-21-08 10:54 AM
    Heh, no idea. I'll see if I can figure that out.
    09-21-08 11:08 AM
    Are you hitting the mute button on the top when you put your phone away?
    09-21-08 11:11 AM
    LOL I didn't even know that button was there. When I put the phone in standby, the screen goes black and does not come back until I use that button to exit standby. The problem I'm having is that the screen will come back when I press the trackball or one of the menu buttons, but sometimes only for a brief second, then goes black again. I usually have to press a few buttons in order to get the screen to stay lit up. It's only happened to me a couple times in the past week, so it's not a huge deal but something I was hoping I could fix with some kind of setting.
    09-21-08 11:32 AM
    Well the screen will go black again is you don't do anything else. It will time out...

Have you read the manual that came with your blackberry. Also check out the BlackBerry 101 section on here...... Great day for lot's of reading...
    09-21-08 11:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD