so i got a gold 8320 about a month ago, but after seeing a flat black 8330 on another site, i really wanna paint mine. what makes it look so nice is that its completely black... black lens and black keyboard.

the problem is i dont have the black keys. i can find the keyboard keys on cnn.cn but cant find the top row (menu, back, etc) for a 8320 anywhere. does anybody know where i can find them? or if they even exist for a 8320?

also, will the keys and lens cover of a 8320 dummy phone fit on my phone, or will they feel different/cheap?

TIA
    08-23-08 01:19 AM
    From what I've read, you can't use a dummy phone.

As for the menu, etc. I don't think theres a black set like that, I'm pretty sure there all silver on the models, correct me if I'm wrong. The day you find that, is the day I will do my phone black as well, because I too, have been looking into doing my Gold 8320 the same Flat Black.

Welcome to Crackberry!
    08-23-08 01:38 AM
    From what I've read, you can't use a dummy phone.

As for the menu, etc. I don't think theres a black set like that, I'm pretty sure there all silver on the models, correct me if I'm wrong. The day you find that, is the day I will do my phone black as well, because I too, have been looking into doing my Gold 8320 the same Flat Black.

Welcome to Crackberry!
    i second the dummy phone comment & have read it numerous times on the forums. people buying the dummy phone only to find that it cannot support the innards correctly and or will not close up around them correctly.

as for the black set of keys for the 8320, i've only seen replacement sets. i do know that the other GSM curve, 8310, has the black keys just like the CDMA curve version.

"innards"....
    where did that come from?... :||
    08-23-08 01:48 AM
    not even the lens of a dummy phone? in that case..anyone willing to trade a silver for a black?
    08-23-08 01:49 AM
    i second the dummy phone comment & have read it numerous times on the forums. people buying the dummy phone only to find that it cannot support the innards correctly and or will not close up around them correctly.

as for the black set of keys for the 8320, i've only seen replacement sets. i do know that the other GSM curve, 8310, has the black keys just like the CDMA curve version.

"innards"....
    where did that come from?... :||
    Innards?
    Is that a word lol???
    Thats pretty creative

But just be sure that the keys or any part for that matter, are for the 8300/8310/8320 and not the 8330 because theres fitment issues between CDMA and GSM models.
    08-23-08 01:57 AM
    the chrome keys on the 8300, 8310, and 8320 were never produced in black and are therefore not available.

he 8330 has black keys on the top row, but their shape is not compatible with the 8320.
    08-23-08 01:58 AM
    I just switched my titanium 8320 case/keys to a red 8310 with the black keys. Looks great, got the parts from cnn.cn

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-08 03:16 AM
    Why is it that I think my black 8830 looks better than the Curve? That's 75% of the reason that I bought it. The Curve looked too feminine to me. It's been a couple of months now and the extra memory and camera sure do sound nice.

I'll hold out for the Bold I guess.

Why did I just post this. It has nothing to do with this forum. I'm sorry. I need sleep.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-08 03:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD