Hi All,

I was hoping you guys could help. I just bought a blackberry yesterday and got it activated. I'm trying to smuggle the BIS into my plan at no charge. Here's what's happened so far.

-Phone works. Calls, SMS, etc.
    -push email works
    -bbm works

However, they cannot get the BB Internet icon to work. So, when I go to applications and "switch apps" and click the BB icon in there, i get an error saying that there is no envelopes registered or something along those lines. HOWEVER, I downloaded OPERA, and internet works great on there.

SO, I have a couple questions now:

Do I have BIS added or not?
    Am I getting charged extra for for the push and BBS as of right now?
    Should I waste my time getting this BB internet to work, or just stick with opera? Are there any advantages to using the BB internet over opera

thanks,
    mike
    06-25-09 07:33 AM
    Hi,

Bottom line is that you need the. Bb browser to download things (OTA and the like), even though you start out the session w/ Opera Mini or Bolt.
    I followed instructions on this site to enable my bb browser w/out BIS:
    http://nov1.m.yahoo.net/yng0/7ZlmRit...m/Home/english
    If you follow it carefully, it'll work for you too. I got it to work on my 8330 curve.
    Hope it helps
    TH

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-27-09 10:37 PM
    you cant get charged for push email or BBM or infact anything blackberry data related because you need to have an account set up with RIM through Sprint in order to have access to blackberry internet services. theres no way to get BB push email and BB data without it. it associates your PIN with the RIM BB network in order to allow data services. you can still use it for normal Sprint data however, but only through 3rd part browsers like opera. the link above that tivvie posted doesnt even work. and im willing to bet you cant get the native browser to work no matter what you do, because you need service books inorder to operate it, again, which you cant get pushed to your phone without a BB data plan and account with RIM. stop being cheap.

now when i was on SERO, there was a known way of getting a BB data plan added for $0.00, but the add on codes were old and most werent able to get them added. not to mention, if a SERO rep f'd it up, you would lose your SERO account for good (at least i wouldve cuz i had one of the originals). it all took 4+ calls to sprint, hoping they would add expired promo codes which didnt work all the time, leaving you with a butchered SERO account or a regular $29.99 200 min account. i decided not to even waste my time on it and just left Sprint alltogether. try researching this in the SERO section of howardforums or sprintusers.com

now, do you have a login name and password for sprint.blackberry.com, the sprint BIS site? if you do, then you do have BIS. log in and resend your service books. thats probably what you are missing. are you 100% BBM and push work? cuz then the browser should too.
    Last edited by dictoresno; 06-28-09 at 03:54 AM.
    06-28-09 03:47 AM
    hey tivvie,

your link doesnt work! could u repost a working one?
    thanks!
    06-28-09 10:16 AM
    Since SERO is dead they do everything plus for $60 a month for 500 minutes, with data, GPS, BIS, etc included. If all else fails you could always hop onto one of those plans.
    06-28-09 10:27 AM
    ok this is really wierd b.c i really think i might have the BIS included in my plan.

I just went on the blackberry.sprint website. and i dont know my user, but when i click forgot password it send a password for my email to my blackberry deviice.
    06-28-09 10:29 AM
    OK and now sprint just gave me my user name and i CAN access sprint.blackberry.com
    06-28-09 10:33 AM
    sorry, don't know why it works for me. Anyhow, can you try:
    English ‎(BlackBerry Without BIS)‎

hope it works for you this time.
    Tiv
    06-28-09 11:12 AM
    Sprint service is through bis, so if you have a data plan (hopefully unlimiited) you will be set up. I am on a simply everything family plan and sprint bis is included. I think sprint won't even activate a bb unless you buy a plan with data so yours should have bis at no extra charge.

Maybe you can't buy one from sprint at a discount without a plan... anyway you need a data plan.
    06-28-09 11:54 AM
    thanks tivvie!

the instructions in the link worked!!

now if i could just get the service books for the app store!!
    06-29-09 06:57 AM
    Yungwunn, glad to hear it works for you...
    it's a great thing to have BB browser working since it's the basic infrastructure for all downloads.

TH

thanks tivvie!

the instructions in the link worked!!

now if i could just get the service books for the app store!!
    06-29-09 10:58 AM
    You have to send the request from the host routing table and wait for that to come through then go to wireless network and bb menu button start provisioning and just let it sit and wait and it should pop the icon up and start working. If it is already on the screen try re provisioning. or reset the device and re program it
    06-29-09 04:05 PM
    with Verizon when you get email only. you still have data just on a limited basis. so surfing the we can get pricy. and will probably be cheaper to get a unlimited plan like the sprint everything.
    06-30-09 10:39 AM
    My father bought a Pearl on Craigs list on Saturday. He has SERO. They wouldn't even activate his phone without switching him from his old 30 dollar sero plan to the new 60 dollar one. I on the other hand bought a curve last month from Sprint and added it to my 30 dollar sero with no problem. They are seriously clamping down and I can't blame them. The 30 dollar SERO is so obnoxiously cheap and they are obviously losing money on it. If they yank it out from under me I'll move from Sprint and onto VZW so I can get the latest and greatest from them. Sprint's very slow to get out the new phones.
    06-30-09 12:54 PM
    Hey Gunnyman - You said, "bought a curve last month from Sprint and added it to my 30 dollar sero with no problem" in your post. I'm currently enrolled in $30/month SERO plan and I have a curve in the mail. How are you able to use your curve with "no problem"? did you get BIS/BES added free? Or did you manually configure your device and download opera browser, etc? Any help is GREATLY appreciated.
    09-28-10 02:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD