I have been trying to figure the best settings for my work email as well as my personal email accounts. I first set up things with Redirector for my work email which seemed to be working fairly well except I am not really able to leave my computer at work and turned on all of the time (my company does not use BES). Next I decided to use BIS and access my work email via OWA which is also working pretty well except for some minor delays. The problem is that I am getting tons of emails about code that will be processed by the server and not to move delete or reply to these emails. Are these a result of redirector or OWA access? If they are from redirector, how can I stop them now that I am using OWA access? And lastly, what is the protocol for how often emails are fetched via BIS/OWA config?

Thanks for helping a NEWB!
    09-23-08 09:45 AM
    Still hoping for some help on this one! Anybody know about this?
    09-24-08 10:09 AM
    Hey there, I found that if you either A) open. redirector then exit the program that usually solves it. B) change the desktop manager settings to change it from enterprise settings (gives you the redirector option) and change it to the personal email options.

You can change the setup by going to control opanel, change remove programs and click change or delete desktop manager and reinstall it.

Shawn

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-24-08 11:37 AM
    I have actually located a solution that is rock steady. For those of you that might be interested:

1. From the home screen on your phone, press the Blackberry button and navigate to and select 'Options' --> Advanced Options --> Service Books

2. Find and delete any service books named 'Desktop' (there are probably 2)

3. Reconfigure your BB desktop software for use with BIS rather than BES/Redirector (I was using Redirector without a BES) This can be done by inserting the software disc that came with your phone.
    09-26-08 09:47 AM
    Thanks! That was just what I was looking for. My BB came with Desktop 4.2, which didnt have the "Email Settings" on the main menu, so I had to update that. Then it asked to Redirect or use BIS, and I had no freakin idea.... what kind of question is that?

This was way more complicated than it needed to be. I just wanted to delete the "Sent from BB" from my emails.
    Last edited by CA Annie; 10-10-08 at 11:03 AM.
    10-10-08 11:00 AM
    OK, I'm not sure how to do this but I would like to have my work email sent to my BB. My company currently uses a BES but I do not want to be connected to it due to the IT Policy that is loaded and also the additional fee that ATT charges for BES connectivity.

I'm reinstalling the Desktop Manager and I am at a screen that gives two options:

1. Integrate with a personal email account.
    2. Integrate with a work email account.

Which one should I select and then what additional setup options should I choose subsequent to loading the app to enable email and calendar entries to be sent to my blackberry?

Thanks
    10-10-08 01:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD