Okay guys I want to thank everyone that helped me to upgrade to OS v4.5 to update my contacts Birthdays. I have entered all my contacts B-Days and I'm not quite satisfied.

Now my question is how do you show the contacts age on either the contact itself or in the calander?
    04-22-09 08:18 PM
    That would be a manual entry, go to the Birthday entry, open it, add age in the notes at the bottom of the page, escape and save.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-22-09 08:28 PM
    That would be a manual entry, go to the Birthday entry, open it, add age in the notes at the bottom of the page, escape and save.

How does that make any sense. Why would I put the age in notes if it will NEVER change? That means that my dad will be 55yrs old for the rest of his life on my Blackberry under my notes. LOL no thanks there has to be a program that updates the contacts ages every year.

Anyone????
    04-22-09 08:34 PM
    Nature abhors a vacuum, and so do software developers.

There is no way to accomplish that on the device, but there are many potential developers looking for an idea to get started with.
    04-22-09 09:21 PM
    Nature abhors a vacuum, and so do software developers.

There is no way to accomplish that on the device, but there are many potential developers looking for an idea to get started with.
    LOL at software devolpers...."Nature abhors a vacuum" that's for sure.
    04-22-09 10:06 PM
    That type of auto update feature sure makes a lot of sense to me.
    04-23-09 09:23 AM
    That type of auto update feature sure makes a lot of sense to me.
    Yeah no kidding right? you would think that since you are entering your contacts year of birth that damn smart phone would just simply tell you how old each person is going to turn.

dang it. oh well
    04-23-09 01:24 PM
    how about you just substract current year - year of birth? come on, its not that hard, if not you can go through primary school all over again
    04-23-09 01:42 PM
    how about you just substract current year - year of birth? come on, its not that hard, if not you can go through primary school all over again
    I was just waiting for this reply. It was just a matter of time.

I guess you don't understand. Of course anyone can just subtract but that's not the point here. The point is that we have smart phones that do things for us and it's a very simple application and as a business owner like myself I'm always on the go, in a hurry and I don't have time for petty little things like that. Trust me I can figure it out amongst a plethara of other things but it would be so much simpler to just view peoples age automatically, that's all.

I mean you are already giving the phone the year of birth why not just show the contacts age?

Any software devolopers want to take a crack at it?
    04-23-09 02:37 PM
    How does that make any sense. Why would I put the age in notes if it will NEVER change? That means that my dad will be 55yrs old for the rest of his life on my Blackberry under my notes. LOL no thanks there has to be a program that updates the contacts ages every year.

Anyone????
    My answer made sense because it directly answered your query. You asked (see quote above) and I told you how to do it. There was no reference to how to do it in perpetuity. Perhaps my inability to provide the answer you wanted was based on the lack of divinity on my part?

It's all cool, though. Sometimes it takes a while to figure out the questions before ya get the answer you're looking for.

04-23-09 03:22 PM
    You might want to look into these. I'm not a facebook person, so I don't know how they work, but I noticed one showed the age and they mostly talked about e-mail and mobile reminders. There is also a facebook blackberry app, so it could be the answer you're looking for in there somewhere!

Never Forget a Birthday | Facebook

Birthday Calendar | Facebook
    04-23-09 03:26 PM

Anyone????
    Actually I wouldn't mind sticking my age on my birth date and never having it change. Now that would be an app. Developers? Got a vacuum that needs filling.
    04-23-09 03:28 PM
    I guess you don't understand. Of course anyone can just subtract but that's not the point here. The point is that we have smart phones that do things for us and it's a very simple application and as a business owner like myself I'm always on the go, in a hurry and I don't have time for petty little things like that. Trust me I can figure it out amongst a plethara of other things but it would be so much simpler to just view peoples age automatically, that's all.

I mean you are already giving the phone the year of birth why not just show the contacts age?

Any software devolopers want to take a crack at it?
    I agree with you, this really is a "petty" issue.

So why are you going on about it the way you are?

First thread... second thread... and you almost sound angry!
    04-23-09 03:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD