I'm at a loss - yesterday, I upgraded to 4.5 on my curve and it was working fine! I also installed Viigo and FlyCast, which were both working fine!

This morning, however, the alarm made no sound when it rang. I double checked the sound profile I had on, and it was set to vibrate and ring, medium volume, both in and out of holster - same as always.

As the day went on, I noticed that nothing was making any sound at all - calls, messages, email, etc. Nada. I tried using some of my media, both movie clips and mp3's and they wouldn't even play. And FlyCast won't connect.

I've reset it and it hasn't changed anything. My next guess would be to use trial & error and try uninstalling FlyCast and or Viigo...but I wanted to check here first & see if anyone else was having issues with the 4.5 upgrade or either of those apps.

Thanks!
    11-05-08 09:32 PM
    I was having the same problem when I initially installed 4.5 OS. The problem fixed itself after I backed up and restored. I can't explain why it fixed but it did.
    11-05-08 09:40 PM
    I am having a similar problem. My sound is working but its extremely low. Has anyone come across a fix for this yet? Do I just have to deal with it to have the upgrade? Thanks everyone Good luck on a fix Roper!!
    11-07-08 11:38 AM
    I was having the same problem when I initially installed 4.5 OS. The problem fixed itself after I backed up and restored. I can't explain why it fixed but it did.
    Did you downgrade or just restore settings?
    11-07-08 11:39 AM
    I am having a similar problem. My sound is working but its extremely low. Has anyone come across a fix for this yet? Do I just have to deal with it to have the upgrade? Thanks everyone Good luck on a fix Roper!!

Its a known issue with low sound with the 4.5.0.81 there is a volume boost setting in your media settings, once in media, hit options, then there is a audio boost setting, I dont know if it works for ringtones etc, I should..

I never experience any low volumes after any of my upgrades though, just a suggestion.
    11-07-08 11:46 AM
    with lack of any sort of technical fix, i resorted to threatening my crackberry with competition. see, i usually use my 'berry as my alarm clock, but since it couldn't be trusted, i dug out my old alarm clock, plugged it in and set it. i then put the 'berry right next to it and let it sit there alllll night and think about what it's been doing to me. i set the 'berry's alarm for 5 minutes before the backup, and low and behold, the 'berry worked and rang first! everything's been back to normal since.

so, my **extreeeeemly** technical solution is to threaten your crackberry with another inanimate object. hope that helps!!
    11-07-08 11:48 AM
    I also upgraded to 4.5 and I'm having issues with the alarm. All other sounds work OK. I didn't install Viigo or FlyCast or any other applications. This only happened after the upgrade. But it's not consistent:
    I set the default to ring on "Weekdays only". It worked once. Then it stopped. Then I changed it to "On" (to ring always, on weekends too). It rang the next day, but not the day after. I switched it back to "Weekdays only". Again, it rang the first time. The following day, nothing.

So it looks like it accepts all changes to mean "Ring only once"!
    I have also set it to snooze, and the snooze notification does come on. But there is no sound before it!
    Last edited by mariasnewberry; 11-13-08 at 09:29 AM. Reason: I forgot to mention something
    11-13-08 09:24 AM
    I have upgraded through most of the 4.5 OS's (4.5.0.37, 55, 69, 81) and have volume problems with all of them although I haven't encountered any alarm or ringer problems that I noticed. When I upgraded to 4.5.0.102, the sound problem has gone away and I have been able to turn audio boost off. I don't know which 4.5 OS you are using but hopefully this helps.
    11-13-08 10:48 AM
    After My Update my ringer is very low. sucks hopefully they find a solution to this other than raisin the volume of the ringtones itself
    01-04-09 09:28 PM
    Ok well i fixed the problem by downgrading the software i can careless about the new updates. as long as i have my loud ringers. lol
    01-07-09 03:54 PM
    I am having a simialr problem only mine is not due to a software update. My vibrate alert just stopped working yesterday out of nowhere.

I called verizon and they want we to do a hard reset and restore and if that didnt work they want to replace the device. I just got this replacement device working the way I like and i really dont want to have to go thru this again.

Can anyone offer any ideas as to why the vibrate alert isnt working. BTW, my ring alerts are workng fine.
    01-10-09 10:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD