The curve is smaller than the bold physically. I know its not a huge difference but the Bold is the same size as the 8800, its curvy and has a weird back battery cover which makes it look a bit smaller but it isn't.

The Bold is faster than the Curve, both with its 3G capabilities as well as the faster processor it has.

The bold also has a/b/g wireless if you need a(99% of the time this isn't used) then you should consider it if you need wifi.

The bold also has GPS and Wifi, for me its not a big issue as I never need to have super accurate position (google maps is good enough using the cell towers).

The screen resolution is better on the Bold, and looks awesome.

I am in canada, and as such have no good data plans available yet. So 3G is not an issue for me, it just means I could use up my $60 for 25mb that much quicker. If you have an unlimited plan or a larger data package 3G is definitely faster. Combined with the added speed of the Bold processor and 3G service browsing is very fast. Another nice feature is the side loading micro SD card, so you can plug it directly into a computer to transfer files faster.

I am also torn on the idea of purchasing the Bold if Rogers or Fido (doubt it) get it this summer (or whenever it comes out). On one hand I love the speed it has, but on another it would cost more and be physically larger.

You really have to decide if it is worth it yourself. The best anyone can do is list off specs, and personal opinions on it.

So basically for me I need to wiegh the following before I decide:

(These are the pros for me, other features may be applicable to other users)

Pros:
    -3G
    -Faster day to day use (opera for example is much nicer, as is the regular browser at processign pages etc.)
    -GPS

Cons:
    -Size
    -Cost (I would have to sell my curve and buy it, and get it unlocked for Fido)
    -I don't like the standard plastic backing (battery cover) I haven't seen the leather one so I can't comment on that one.

The curve will have the new 4.5 software which if you have seen any posts about it comes with a video recorder, and you are able to watch youtube videos which is nice.

Anwyays thats just my opinion on the new Bold, and of course I may want different features than you etc.
    Last edited by cmolson; 05-13-08 at 08:49 PM. Reason: weird.. my post appears above the OP
    05-13-08 08:46 PM
    ok. i just purchased my curve with my 2 yr upgrade about 2 weeks ago and all i can say is that i love it! But with the bold coming out and all, i was thinking about returning it so i can keep my 2 yr upgrade for the bold. what should i do? i love the curve but is it worth waiting for the bold? gimme advice please!
    05-14-08 02:25 AM
    I guess you could wait if you you have a extra phone and r wit at@t

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-14-08 02:55 AM
    I personally don't think too highly of the new design. I prefer the smaller over all size and the spaced out keys.

Can't you sit on the fence for this? Return the Curve, get the Bold when it comes out...if you prefer the Curve, switch back. Don't know if that's allowed, but it's just a thought.
    05-14-08 02:55 AM
    mmmm I just got the Curve 2 weeks ago from Tmobile. Im keeping mine since the Bold is coming out on att first. so I dont know when I will get it so Im just going to have fun with my curve for now. I cant be without it.... lol
    05-14-08 03:12 AM
    You know what, I've had my 8800 for a year now and originally it looked somewhat large to me. But, coming from the 680 and the 8525, its basically a Curve to me.

And having just tapped into just about all the features my 8800 has and the constant use, it really seems small to me. I've held the Curve and really did like it and almost jumped on the free Curve bandwagon last month.

Lately we have just been spoiled with the small phone sizes that are out there. Compared to some of the phones I have owned, the 9000 is still small enough for me.

Form factor or fashion isn't too much of a concern for me. I need the phone to function and to handle everthing I throw at it. The 9000 possibly will do all that.

So those that seem to get hung up on the size of the phone need to remember where they came from, brick phones and bag phones and big oversized nextels.
    05-14-08 05:04 AM
    Get Both!!!
    05-14-08 05:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD