After I upgraded my T-Mobile 8320 and my girlfriend saw how it was she wanted me to upgrade her's too. I upgraded her's last night to the 4.5 OS and everything so far is working fine with the exception of Beyond 411. Whenever she tries to do a search for something and error message comes up and say's

"Unable to connect to network. The request timed out. Would you like to revert to basic networking and try again?" And then I get a Yes or No Option.

I've tried reverting to basic networking and I still got the same error. I checked her settings and the address locations were populated correctly. I uninstalled the software, rebooted the blackberry and then reinstalled it and I got the same thing. I couldn't find a service book or anything to delete if there is one.

Reregistering the handheld to the network didn't help either. I've tried doing the search in both Wifi mode and also in EDGE and it's the same thing. I know it's it's not the search engine beacuse I have the same program installed on my 8320 and it's working just fine.

Any suggestions?
    08-15-08 02:54 AM
    Since I got TeleNav, I haven't used Beyond411 much but I do have it on my Curve and it is working normally.

Try checking the network options. On some programs (I can't recall if this was one of them) I had to setup things like that again.
    08-15-08 07:21 AM
    I have it but dont use it much but now that you mention it Im getting the same! eh no big loss IMHO.
    08-15-08 07:24 AM
    anybody????????
    08-15-08 12:14 PM
    Found out from somebody else if it doesn't work the apn needs to be set to wap.voicestream.com
    08-15-08 12:22 PM
    Found out from somebody else if it doesn't work the apn needs to be set to wap.voicestream.com
    Setting is specific to carrier. For other carriers, see...
    Carrier specific APN/TCP settings - BlackBerryFAQ
    08-15-08 02:18 PM
    Thanks for posting a solution for others, Ricky. Very thoughtful.
    08-15-08 02:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD