Not sure if i've even used this "media manager," feature at all.

But im currently downloading Desktop Manager 4.7 for my curve and was wondering if i should download the version with or without the Media Manager.

Thanks in Advance.
    11-26-08 09:42 PM
    I always go with the one without and drag and drop things to my
    memory card. Media Manager to me is a bigger pain than it's worth.
    11-26-08 09:52 PM
    Media manager is a waste of space, better off jus draggin stuff over and also download Media Sync so u can get ur music off ur ipod, but its only good if u make playlists
    11-26-08 10:17 PM
    Without is the way to go - drag & drop.
    11-26-08 10:21 PM
    I have media manager but I never use it so I would say go without
    11-26-08 10:43 PM
    This does bring up a question. Can I read the BB like a media card via USB or Bluetooth? How doe I download things like pictures from it without pulling the card?
    11-26-08 10:52 PM
    Plug it in, say yes to enable mass storage mode, open my computer and identify the drive letter assigned to your berry and then drag and drop.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-08 10:54 PM
    Just plug your BB into your PC via the USB cable, when it prompts you to enter mass media mode, select yes, and your BB will appear like any other USB drive on your PC.
    11-26-08 10:55 PM
    Or you can go to options-Media Card and say yes to auto enable mass storage mode when plugged in. I did that and now don't have to even worry about it.

11-26-08 10:56 PM
    Just plug your BB into your PC via the USB cable, when it prompts you to enter mass media mode, select yes, and your BB will appear like any other USB drive on your PC.
    I do not get prompted for mass media mode. How does that get set up? I just read the above messge more carefully. Thanks!
    11-26-08 10:56 PM
    There is no "better" out of the two... it is all personal preference they are the same Desktop Manager, just one adds Media Manager and one does not. There is rly nothing better about either

11-26-08 11:01 PM
    I do without because the one with, takes FOREVER to download and install. Plus I hate Roxio.
    11-26-08 11:07 PM
    Well look who the dogs draged in!!

Drp, go to options-media card and set it up and it will work fine. Like Joe said, it'll work like any other flash drive. Most of us do not use Roxio media manager because it is slow.

11-26-08 11:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD