I have tried a couple programs I found online to convert wmv files to a format compatible to my blackberry and they all suck. What is a good program to use?
    Last edited by stellargirl9; 11-14-07 at 10:24 AM.
    11-14-07 10:16 AM
    For my BB8800 I use Any Video Converter (free version) to convert a whole range of video formats, (including .WMV as you asked) It also includes a really easy way to download, convert and size for the screen clips from YouTube in one step. Just cut and paste the URL from YouTube (even several at a time) and Any Video Converter will go through the URL's until complete. It work really well. I can now record video on my digital camera and save/play it on my Blackberry too.

You can download from here Any Video Converter is a professional video converter which can convert any format video files and YouTube clips with fast speed and excellent video quality.

Scroll down for the free version.

"Any Video Converter is a professional video converter which can convert video files from various formats with fast converting speed and excellent video quality . It can convert almost all video formats including DivX, XviD, MOV, rm, rmvb, MPEG, VOB, DVD, WMV, AVI to MPEG-4 movie format for iPod/PSP or other portable video device, MP4 player or smart phone. It also supports any user defined video file formats as the output. It has an unmatchable speed and high quality. Any Video Converter makes it easy for anyone to enjoy the any format video with your iPod, PSP, mobile phone or MP4 player.

Any Video Converter makes batch file conversion simple. Create a batch list of any different formats and convert them all to a single selected format. The converted files will be saved to a pre-selected directory folder and the original files will remain untouched"
    Last edited by Berryman; 11-14-07 at 03:28 PM.
    11-14-07 03:25 PM
    I just downloaded and used "any video converter" the free version works great. is it worth the upgrade to save as 3pg files rather than avi?
    Are the files smaller with 3pg?

Thanks
    Adam
    11-14-07 06:19 PM
    Just downloaded and installed "any video converter". I can't wait to try it, once I figure out what I need to do, ha.
    11-22-07 10:05 AM
    What are the exact video formats and specs that the curve can support? Is it .avi, .wmv, mpg4?
    11-22-07 02:35 PM
    11-22-07 03:49 PM
    Thanks Berryman
    11-23-07 02:00 AM
    I am trying to download onto my 8130 and I am getting an error message- HTTP Error 403: Forbidden You are not permitted to view this page. What do I do?
    11-30-07 10:45 AM
    Thanks, I am definately going to give Any Convertor a try.
    11-30-07 06:13 PM
    hey guys, i tried out the any video converter and for some reason im getting a delay on the words vs. picture? anyone know about this or how to fix it?

I dont know yet if its the converter or when it's trf to my blackberry? im using the software that came with my 8320(tmobile).
    12-04-07 07:55 PM
    tried any video converter and it works really good. If you have a video in your computer, it works pretty fast.

Just had to do a few test though, because the quality at first wasnt so good. After a few minor clicks and changes, the quality was way way better.

Now I just need to figure out a good way to put my dvd movies in there.
    12-05-07 10:21 AM
    21 questions, rather than using the Blackberry Desktop software to copy and probably "optimize" the file into mpeg-4 format if you chose that option, perhaps with the problem file you should try just copying the media file (.avi) directly via Windows Explorer having enabled your Blackberry as a mass storage device.

By the way, I have used Any Video converter to download from Youtube and resize for my Blackberry about 20 Tom & Jerry cartoons - used mostly as 6 minute distractions for the kids, though I love them too!

I experienced the same problem as you, (the audio being out of sync) on just the one. I think the problem lies with the encoding within the original file.
    Last edited by Berryman; 12-06-07 at 01:03 AM.
    12-05-07 02:22 PM
    I haven't had any problems with the audio being out of sink.
    12-05-07 03:07 PM
    XviD4PSP! can't go wrong...
    Last edited by deltaboy; 12-23-07 at 08:48 PM.
    12-19-07 11:18 AM
    Any video has been great so far.. for me..
    12-23-07 10:43 AM
    I appreciate all the information you have been posting. Maybe someone can figure out what I need to do. I want to be able to rip a DVD to a .3gp file that I can play on my 8320 curve. Here are my results using converter programs that have an option for a 320X240 screen:
    Acala--does a good job of ripping, but the .3gp file won't play on my BlackBerry.
    Seabyrd BlackBerry Video Creator--only creates .avi file, crashes quickly after I start ripping.
    Ultra Mobile 3gp Video Converter--I need to load the VOB files individually, and on some (not all) of them is will say "no decoder to decode file."
    Ultra DVD Ripper--depending on the setting for reading the file, it either stops after creating a 3kb file or crashes after about 8 sec.
    Any Video Converter--doesn't have a .3gp option for the output.

Thanks for any suggestions or recommendation.

Sander Eller
    06-19-08 11:06 PM
    I have been successfully usng this piece of free software for several months Seabyrd Technologies - Blackberry Video Converter.

For regular TV shows on my 8310 I use 320 x 240 and for wide screen, 320 x 200.
    06-20-08 02:56 AM
    I use a free software called dvd video soft free studio it works perfectly never had a problem with it and it does it all3gp avi mpeg4 anything ipod psp. Just google the title and you'll find it.
    06-20-08 08:22 AM
    I have been successfully usng this piece of free software for several months Seabyrd Technologies - Blackberry Video Converter.

For regular TV shows on my 8310 I use 320 x 240 and for wide screen, 320 x 200.
    What settings are you using? I'm having NO luck getting the Blackberry to play the resulting (or any other) *.avi file. I've tried different resolutions, etc. Sprint 8330 Curve.
    09-26-08 10:03 AM
    Have you tried converting/changing to .mpeg 4 format. I also had problems with .AVI files not playing. From the Blackberry 101 lessons there is one on video editing and it spells out the formats that BB will play. My Curve seems to only play mpeg 4 and I have used two different free versions along with the Desktop Manager (too slow) included version. From one Newbie to another, I hope this helps.

Eric
    10-20-08 02:33 PM
    Just downloaded this from
    jodix.com
    In spite of the Ipod tag, the program converts DVD/VCD and AVI, MPEG, WMV, RM, RMVB, DivX, ASF, VOB to Mp4 which is compatible with most of the newer BBs (the 8900 anyway).
    The program is simple and small and has a nice output.
    03-02-09 10:44 PM
    Will the AVC convert vids I got from Itunes? Still trying to get those on my bb.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-03-09 09:51 AM
    I have tried them all and find CloneDVD Mobile by far the best. Made by SlySoft. Its not free but always works perfectly, seamlessly and requires very little effort and you definitely get what you pay for. My 2 cents.
    03-03-09 11:07 AM
    Is it me or why isn't anyone talking about HandBrake? Free program and it works without a hitch! It is amazing. It let's you select file output size and what type of file it converts to. Give it a try you won't be sorry. Oh yea if you have movies already on the hard drive you can load them into the que and walk away.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-09 05:53 AM
    Wondershare DVD to Blackberry converter is a great program for converting dvds to a blackberry format. The files are a little large so after I convert them with wondershare I convert them to mobile mp4 format with any video converter. It cuts the file to about half the size and works great. Wondershare DVD converter costs about $30.00 but is well wort the money.
    I apparently cannot post a link so you can do a google search for Wondershare DVD to Blackberry Converter.
    03-25-09 07:51 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD