I just got my Curve and so far it rocks. Before I got too much into loading it up with apps and using it, I wanted to see if there are some "best practices" I need to get into the habit of doing to keep the device running the best. Mainly in regards to free memory.

Should I clear the cache on the browser often?
    Should I delete e-mails after I read them so they aren't stored?

Things like that. Also I've read that only ringtones, pics, and docs are stored on the SD card. E-mails and all that are stored in the device memory. Just wanted to make sure that was right.

It's the e-mail part I can see getting large. Any tips would be great. Thanks.
    02-26-09 07:53 AM
    For the first two questions, YES. You are also correct on the SD card or media card. Pictures take up massive amounts of device memory...
    02-26-09 07:59 AM
    02-26-09 08:08 AM
    Email doesn't take up excessive room, however, when your BB has low memory, emails will automatically be deleted. Save emails you want to keep (Mailbox> menu > Save, then delete them en masse every day or so (scroll to the top of the list to highlight the current date, then menu > Delete Prior).

Get the largest SD card supported by your OS. Upgrade the OS to 4.5, since it supports large SD cards than lower OS versions.

And Welcome to CB.
    02-26-09 08:24 AM
    This is a great thread for sd cards by Pete6...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/micr...light=8gb+16gb
    02-26-09 08:30 AM
    Charge It!

Many problems arise from poor charging habits, and failing to juice up on a regular basis. BBs need power, and without it you will have problems.

Draining your Berry can cause a variety of problems that could cause you to think you have a defective device. It leads to loss of service, failed batteries, sudden shutdowns, and a host of other issue. I have been on with people who had returned multiple devices, ready to send the next one back, and pulling their hair out in desperation. Extensive posting led to the problem, draining the battery out before charging.

Best advice I can give, don't let that juice fall below 15%, and make your BB happy, or it'll start shutting down on you.

Oh, welcome to CrackBerry and the forums. Best place to make the best use of your BB!
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by BergerKing; 02-26-09 at 09:05 AM.
    02-26-09 09:01 AM
    Thanks for the input!
    02-26-09 10:23 AM
    I'm sure this was mentioned but you want to make that you don't have too much apps running in the background. Thatll slow down the performance.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-09 10:26 AM
    All of the above and Welcome to Crackberry!

Other than the battery charging, I think reading the 101 Lecture Series and Tips and How To's is THE best way to get to know your BB and all its features. When you have the time to go through them you will then really be able to get the most out of your BB.

Again,
    Welcome to Crackberry!

~Jazzi~

02-26-09 10:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD