well i probably know for a fact a lot of searching turned up nothing but bickering blah blah but i dont mind buying a program seeing as how im using the att telnave foir 10 a month now whats the best alternative program just seems like telnav sucks haha
    07-03-08 11:36 AM
    I like Google maps...Tele Nav is alright...I think TomTom is ok too...
    07-03-08 11:38 AM
    I am a huge fan of Nav4All but check out
    this thread. I been playing with it and it
    is very nice.
    07-03-08 11:41 AM
    GPSed is free, and CoPilot has a free trial. BBMaps is good as well. All the programs listed in the other posts have strengths and weaknesses as well. It just depends on what you want and need. Try them for yourself.
    07-03-08 11:47 AM
    yeah thanks guys i'll take a look at those see what i like.
    07-03-08 11:51 AM
    hmmm well nav4all imo nto simplistic i need more bells and whistles
    07-03-08 12:08 PM
    hmmm well nav4all imo nto simplistic i need more bells and whistles
    Such as?
    There is also another free one amazegps

CoPilot Live - 6 month trial

But really what are you looking for the app to do?
    07-03-08 12:13 PM
    I've been using Mapquest Navigator for the past month and have been impressed. Put it up against my wife's Magellan Maestro yesterday and the turn-by-turn voice is identical. It sounded very eerie.

edit: I am so slow this morning. AG, I just now got your PIN. I kept thinking "What is Kentucky Tuscadero". Funny stuff.
    Last edited by gregski; 07-03-08 at 12:54 PM.
    07-03-08 12:51 PM
    edit: I am so slow this morning. AG, I just now got your PIN. I kept thinking "What is Kentucky Tuscadero". Funny stuff.
    As I said to another member, I am just glad Kentucky
    was your first thought
    07-03-08 01:03 PM
    As I said to another member, I am just glad Kentucky
    was your first thought
    I never said that!
    07-03-08 01:05 PM
    I never said that!
    LOL, before this goes even more off track
    do mind if I PM you my PIN. Vol FF, Capt, CT
    07-03-08 01:08 PM
    LOL, before this goes even more off track
    do mind if I PM you my PIN. Vol FF, Capt, CT
    You've got a PM. Now back to our regularly scheduled programming. Sorry to take it off track llamoureaux8890.
    07-03-08 01:33 PM
    Microsoft Live Search has a lotta features and its a free OTA download. A bit better than Google Maps, maybe...
    07-03-08 02:20 PM
    You've got a PM. Now back to our regularly scheduled programming. Sorry to take it off track llamoureaux8890.
    doesnt bother me just keeps it up at the top, but the main problem with att telnav is the directions suck i test it out with places i know how to get to and the directions are just way off to what should be, but the thing i like about telnav is its almost a phonebook, has everything i suppose something thats accurate with that has every business possible option would be nice
    07-03-08 04:50 PM
    Whatever sprint uses. Its the ****. Took a road trip. Saved my *** so many times. My girl got jealous of my phone

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-03-08 05:29 PM
    I just picked up my new BB 8830 yesterday. I'm using Mapquest. I tried it this morning on a trip to a Chinese carry out. I also ignored the 1st turn so that it would recalculate. The program did so reasonably quickly. The instructions were clear & accurate. This seems to be a bargin at $50/yr.
    I'll continue to evaluate.
    07-20-08 06:13 PM
    Microsoft Live Search is real nice. It has a voice feature - where you can say the name of the city and it recognizes the city name and searches for you without having to type. I just switched over from Google maps...

Here is a link, you can put it in your phone's browser... wls.live.com
    Last edited by alanclark1; 07-20-08 at 08:00 PM.
    07-20-08 07:57 PM
    Although it is $10 per month, I think Telenav does a good job. Nav4All takes to long and sometimes doesn't find certain addresses.
    07-20-08 08:02 PM
    so live search better than google maps?
    i found the maps opened very slowly
    07-20-08 08:05 PM
    I just started using micro live search. It is nice. I deleted google maps. Also dloaded it on my wifes phone. Live search uses your internal gps where as google does not. Good luck!

07-20-08 08:09 PM
    google maps does. it just doesnt have voice navigated directions
    07-20-08 08:11 PM
    it makes a guess based on your cell location
    then it hones in on your gps
    it follows you if you watch the map as you drive...or while someone drives you

probably safer that way
    07-20-08 08:21 PM
    Haha. You're right it does follow me as I drive. I guess I was thinking how live search has an actual gps option in the menu and options. But anyway live search actually seemed faster to me, at least for now. I also like the 'look of the program'. I was really impressed after I downloaded it. It has all sorts of cool extras. Definitely worth a try

07-20-08 08:27 PM
    i like the movie feature and everything
    i'll try the maps out. i've been trying to find something better than google
    07-20-08 08:30 PM
    does it have a way to save your favorites?
    07-20-08 09:11 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD