Ok this is a well known issue but i'm tearing my hair our here.

We have just upgraded our main work servers to MS 2003 small business server. Thats all working fine with exchange etc..

The IT man decided that he didn't want BES on the main server, so we installed it on an older server that is running MS 2000 SBS.

Now I managed eventually to get BES installed on the second server, setup the besadmin account on the main server, did all the exchange stuff, set permissions etc.....

I can now get and send mail on my BB no problem, and it also syncs tasks to my desktop which is good. However it will not sync the calendar either way, or indeed contacts.

I've been through all the fixes on the BB site, checking CDO versions etc..

Now one thing it says is to make sure the CDO is the same version on the BES server as it is on the exchange server?, however there is no CDO on the bes server, and I don't know where it should be if it needs to be there?

I have also tried the deleting service books, undeleting, changing the wireless sync on the BB to off, saving, then back to on. Nothing seems to work.

Please help, anything I can try, I will.

Thanks

Andy
    09-24-08 05:09 AM
    Ok just checked, contacts are syncing in fact.

So just the calendar issue.
    09-24-08 05:13 AM
    No one??

Funny thing this, I made a task on the desktop and set a reminder date for it. Guess what, it put it in my calendar on my BB !!! wft is going on?
    09-25-08 01:15 AM
    Try toggling the wireless calendar sync off on the BlackBerry device (save changes) and then back on (save changes).

I had one user on my BES with this issue, and toggling the wireless calendar sync fixed it.

There was an article on the RIM KB that suggested this, I can probably dig that up if you'd like.

Go to Calendar -> Calendar Options -> Default (or whichever calendar is not syncing) -> Wireless Syncronization
    Last edited by SAXD; 09-25-08 at 08:08 AM.
    09-25-08 08:01 AM
    Hi, tried that already, many times. thanks for the advise though
    09-25-08 08:04 AM
    Is your domain account (on the new SBS server) a member of domain admins, administrators, enterprise admins, etc.?

Can you successfully SEND email from your device to another Exchange mailbox, or do you get the red 'X'?

If you create a calendar entry on the BlackBerry, does it sync up to your Exchange calendar?
    09-25-08 08:13 AM
    DO you mean the besadmin account on the new server?
    09-25-08 08:14 AM
    DO you mean the besadmin account on the new server?
    Well, yes, I have my BESAdmin account only a member of "Domain Users", and the specific permissions it needs delegated (I'm a firm believer of the minimum permissions school of thought).

But actually, I was wondering if YOUR domain account is a member of domain admins, etc...
    09-25-08 08:17 AM
    Here's what I'm thinking so far -- either your account, or the BESAdmin account is a member of a protected group:

Issue:

The SendAs permission granted to BESAdmin account on members of protected groups (I.E., Domain Admins) keeps being removed.

Resolution:

Assuming installation of Windows Server 2003 Support Tools�

C:\Program Files\Support Tools>dsacls "cn=AdminSDHolder,cn=System,dc=domainname,dc=suffi x" /G "DOMAINNAME\BESAdmin:CA;Send As"

Also see:

Microsoft KB articles 907434 and 817433

(Sorry, can't post full URLs yet...)
    09-25-08 08:23 AM
    Here's a list of protected groups in Windows Server 2003. SBS should be the same, but perhaps without the Enterprise Admins group.

* Administrators
    * Account Operators
    * Backup Operators
    * Cert Publishers
    * Domain Administrators
    * Enterprise Administrators
    * Print Operators
    * Schema Administrators
    * Server Operators

Here's a list of protected built-in accounts (again, for Windows Server 2003, SBS might be slightly different):

* Administrator
    * Krbtgt
    09-25-08 08:25 AM
    09-25-08 08:26 AM
    Hi

Both mine and the BesAdmin account are only members of the 'domain users' group.

As the BES is running on a standalone server does it need it's own exchange server installed for the CDO, MAPI etc.. to work correctly?

At present it's just a basic server installation with no exchange installed.

Obviously exchange is on the main 2003 server though.
    09-25-08 10:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD