I have a sprint Curve 8330 4.5 on BES. It has worked with no problems until I upgrades to DM 5.0. Now I have some weird things happening to my contacts.

1. There is always 1 name in my list that is listed 5 times on my blackberry but only once in my outlook 2007. If I delete it the contact on my blackberry it is gone for good, both blackberry and outlook.

2. There are contacts on Outlook that will not sync wireless or when I plug it in to my blackberry. I have tried deleting the contact on outlook and then re-entering it, that works for a while and then disapears on my blackberry later.

3. On most of my contacts on blackberry, if you click there name under Company I get this "(*PLMO*<RGT>8=AAAAAAA</RGT>)" If I click edit, quote is under a field I have never seen called "Company Name Reading"

If I delete company info that disapears "company name reading" and the PLMO info. But it always comes back when I plug it in.

I have called IT department and they had no clue and can not get someone over to look at it until Thursday. Was hoping someone can help me out.

I have tried battery pull and wiping my device.
    07-24-09 10:12 PM
    Welcome to BBM 5.0. I would go back to the old one till the official 5.0 is released
    07-24-09 10:14 PM
    I have not downloaded BBMessemger, I downloaded blackberry desktop. I think it was for 5.0. I have not done anything to messenger.
    07-24-09 10:24 PM
    DM or BBM? The OP said DM.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-24-09 10:25 PM
    sorry my problems started when i downloaded blackberry desktop software 5.0.
    07-24-09 10:28 PM
    OOPS my bad misread what you D/L - Did you install it for BES integration?
    07-24-09 10:55 PM
    I was on vacation, came back to work, plugged in my blackberry and it popped up asking if I want to upgrade. I said yes and everything went smoothly until I check contacts. This is when I noticed all the problems.
    07-25-09 07:20 AM
    Updating anything can be funny when a BES is involved. At this point I think your IT is a great resource. They MAY need to wipe the device and reactivate you to the BES get the data from there.

Also let them know you updated to DM 5.0. Cause if this happened to you, it might happen to ohers.
    07-25-09 07:44 AM
    thanks for your help and will let you know what IT does to solve problem.
    07-25-09 08:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD