Firstly, I searched.

That said, I have upgraded my VZW 8330 OS to 4.5, .77 and do not have the HTML option available in my email settings. My BES is through Purehost and I have no way to edit the options available.

Am I at the provider's mercy to update their software or is there another way?

TIA
    11-28-08 02:56 PM
    With 4.5 there isn't any setting that needs to be changed for html email to work. It just should work. That said, I don't know much about a BES server so I don't know. These features could be disabled by your admin or something.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-28-08 03:06 PM
    It depends if your bes server supports it. You need to contact the bes host. If it does they should resend your service books

11-28-08 03:48 PM
    It depends if your bes server supports it. You need to contact the bes host. If it does they should resend your service books

Thanks, pretty much what I thought too.
    11-28-08 03:53 PM
    *UPDATE*

Chatted with my provider. Of course, first tier support didn't even understand my question. Opened a support ticket and kicked it up the chain. Will update as things develop.
    11-29-08 08:45 AM
    *FINAL UPDATE*

Provider finally responded by saying that the IT policy is default and is not changeable by the users. I guess I have to wait until they update their software or the policy.

Any other suggestions?
    12-02-08 04:40 PM
    nope, i am in the same boat and I think I tried everything.
    12-04-08 03:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD