Hi...been away for a bit and see that Verizon has a new official release. I am one of the few that is STILL running .77 as I don't trust myself to upload a release that is more current but can't be downloaded. Now that .138 is out, I would like to know what is the upside to downloading this version. Thanks.
    10-20-09 11:03 PM
    Hi...been away for a bit and see that Verizon has a new official release. I am one of the few that is STILL running .77 as I don't trust myself to upload a release that is more current but can't be downloaded. Now that .138 is out, I would like to know what is the upside to downloading this version. Thanks.
    Plenty of threads in the 83xx forum regarding the OS's. Dont be scared just read the BB101 Lecture Series on how to properly upgrade/downgrade and have a firm knowledge of how to do it and you will be fine. Just remember to do backups.
    10-20-09 11:14 PM
    I upgraded my curve to 138 prior to official release back in april... (now sporting 169)
    I didnt see a lot of differences honestly; a bit smoother but not much of a diff regarding performance.
    BIG benefit was supposed to be the compatibility of BBM 5 as it wasnt supported on .77
    Thats why it popped onto the vzw site right after BBM5 came out.
    10-21-09 03:41 AM
    I upgraded to .138 b/c it supports a 16gb sd card, as opposed to 8gb.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-09 06:31 AM
    I upgraded my curve to 138 prior to official release back in april... (now sporting 169)
    I didnt see a lot of differences honestly; a bit smoother but not much of a diff regarding performance.
    BIG benefit was supposed to be the compatibility of BBM 5 as it wasnt supported on .77
    Thats why it popped onto the vzw site right after BBM5 came out.
    AHH i had .138 on VZW a good month before BBM 5 came out. Not much Difference between .138 and .77 though. I'm going to give beta 5.0 a shot though.
    10-21-09 06:51 AM
    Thank you....I guess that I may actually upgrade to the .138. Is this one of the upgrades that gives you more space? Also...does BBM5 automatically install as part of the upgrade? Thanks.
    10-21-09 05:34 PM
    No, .138 comes with BBM 4.6 or 4.7, BBM 5 is available OTA.
    10-21-09 05:36 PM
    No, .138 comes with BBM 4.6 or 4.7, BBM 5 is available OTA.
    Thanks....much appreciated!!!
    10-21-09 09:17 PM
    Xlide, does 138 suffer from the chirp, or profile corruption?

I just slicked my BB and went back to 131 after the chirp became so irritating, but I could've sworn 138 had the same problem.
    10-21-09 09:26 PM
    I believe it has both problems, but not so much on the chirping. The chirp came out a lot on .160 and .169

Try 4.5.0.170 or .175

10-21-09 09:32 PM
    Xlide, does 138 suffer from the chirp, or profile corruption?

I just slicked my BB and went back to 131 after the chirp became so irritating, but I could've sworn 138 had the same problem.
    I've had .138 for 2 weeks and haven't experienced any chirp or profile corruption!

Thnx, �Tripster�

10-21-09 09:32 PM
    The chirp seems to be on Verizon, and can have a regional component to it as well. Some ppl never heard a chirp, no matter what OS they run, and others hear the chirp a lot.

10-21-09 09:35 PM
    The chirp seems to be on Verizon, and can have a regional component to it as well. Some ppl never heard a chirp, no matter what OS they run, and others hear the chirp a lot.

I'm on VZW and haven't heard it or I'm just not paying attention for it?

Thnx, �Tripster�

10-21-09 09:37 PM
    If you had it, you would notice it for sure.

It sounds like my smoke detectors when the low battery warning sounds. Chirp... Chirp.

Sometimes, there was only one chirp, usually right at the begining of the call. Other times, it would repeat throughout the call.

10-21-09 09:41 PM
    If you had it, you would notice it for sure.

It sounds like my smoke detectors when the low battery warning sounds. Chirp... Chirp.

Sometimes, there was only one chirp, usually right at the begining of the call. Other times, it would repeat throughout the call.

Alright, thanks for explaining what it kinda sounds like X! I will report back if I ever hear it!

Thnx, �Tripster�

10-21-09 09:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD