Hi

Just picked up a 8330 with the Bell unlimited 30$ plan and i'm loving it. The only gripe I have is the fact that Bell has NO info on their web site regarding what exactly is included in this "unlimited" email and internet plan.

I called bell and one rep told me that watching youtube video is NOT included in the plan since it is streaming data. He kinda laughed at me for expecting all that data usage for only 30 dollars a month. After I picked my heart up off the floor ( i had been using youtube all week), I called back and another rep told me that is was included. I'm still few weeks a away from receiving my first bill but i need to know what exactly is covered in this plan. I am very hesitant to use any data applications with the Berry now.

Anyone know where bell is hiding this info?

Thanks
    Pat
    08-24-08 12:56 PM
    you can do anything with your phone except for tethering it to a computer and using it as a modem.....your in the clear for anything you can do regarding your data and the internet...
    08-24-08 01:02 PM
    Yeah, streaming video is included in your data plan. That's the point of the data plan.
    08-24-08 01:03 PM
    Great Thanks a lot!!
    08-25-08 10:23 AM
    when I try to watch a video on youtube or even break.com, it starts to load in my media player but then I get a window that pops up saying: the media being played is of an unsupported format.

any help would be appreciated

thanks
    08-26-08 01:03 PM
    I know with Verizon streaming audio or video is considered a violation of the terms of service with the $30 unlimited plan UNLESS you also pay for tethering.

Anyways , I don't pay to tether and also watch YouTube videos occasionally and have never seen a difference for this on my bill. I think you would have to stream A LOT of video before it would send up a red flag to you carrier IF that feature was not included in your service.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-08 01:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD