Hi folks

I am with verizon and i have noticed over the last couple days by browser sessions have been timing out and the connection has been really slow...even in full coverage areas. Is there a network problem? Is this a prob with my blackberry? Any ideas? Anyone else experience this in the DC metro area. I mean it is crawling.....

Thanks
    Caleb
    08-01-08 02:06 PM
    Have you tried clearing your cache?
    08-01-08 02:07 PM
    let me try that....my content cache is showign a size of 2306.8k and cookie cache is choing 88 cookies....i dont know what the pushed content cache is but it shows 1.7k. Do you think this is the prob?
    08-01-08 02:09 PM
    I've been having the same issue here and there. Might not be getting a strong enough signal I think that's the situation in my case @ least.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-08 04:59 PM
    let me try that....my content cache is showign a size of 2306.8k and cookie cache is choing 88 cookies....i dont know what the pushed content cache is but it shows 1.7k. Do you think this is the prob?
    You would be better off cleaning that up a bit. Those are not huge but not small either.
    08-01-08 06:11 PM
    huh...me 2...& i'm on at&t...i would get "unable to connect to internet, please try again later. If problem persists please contact your service provider"t this message..."...is n-e-1 else getting the same thing...i just got my bb the other day & i've been back and forth w/ at&t to resolve this
    08-01-08 06:37 PM
    clear all ur memory from the bower it slows it down see if that works
    08-01-08 06:39 PM
    clear all ur memory from the bower it slows it down see if that works
    i just did that and i'm still having problems...any other suggestions?
    08-01-08 06:49 PM
    Same thing started for me today on Tmobile. Anyone figure this out?
    08-04-08 12:10 PM
    Same thing started for me today on Tmobile. Anyone figure this out?
    Yup I'm on T-Mobile and the internet times out or is very slow and email delivery seems to be delayed. This is with pretty much a full signal and an EDGE connection.
    08-04-08 12:36 PM
    i've been having the same problem even when im in full coverage...very slow browser that often timesout. its almost a hit or miss sometimes
    08-15-08 11:10 PM
    Mine has been a little slow today as well...

08-15-08 11:20 PM
    Mine does not get slow BUT every couple of days i'll be in the middle of browsing , cruising right along , and then i'll click a link and it is requesting FOREVER and then i'll get the error "unable to connect to internet, please try again later. If problem persists please contact your service provider" and it will stay like that for up to half an hour or so sometimes and then POOF! Just like that it will start cruising right along again.

I guess I just assumed it was a BIS thing and that everybody was experiencing this at those times?

08-15-08 11:42 PM
    Hey folks! I too have notice extreme slow downs and hiccups when using the browser on my blackberry. I asked a technician at my local Verizon store if there were any reported problems with the network and of course he said no. URL's that I normally visit are now taking 3 minutes to download even with several bars of signal. I've cleared the history, cache, and removed unused applications that could be running in the background. Still, it's slow,slow, slow...Honestly, it's getting annoying as I use to buy/sell on Ebay with my phone while on the road. I can forget about that now.
    08-16-08 12:07 AM
    I think the internet in general is just slow today the last few days! Maybe were runnin out of internet. Quick everyone get to california.

08-16-08 01:16 AM
    I have had a Curve 8330 from Verizon for 2 months now. When it was new the browser worked at near broadband speed compared to my 3 year old 7250. But now it takes forever and last night we stopped at the Verizon office, they also said it was really, really slow. But did they have any explanation...NOOOOO. And I never have more than a very small amount on the cache...one day at most.

08-16-08 09:36 AM
    Yeah ive been having the same problem too, but when i went to tmobile the guy told me that my wifi is interfering with whatever type of network i have, i dont remember but he turned off my wifi and then browsed the internet and it worked.

also, change your configurations so it doesnt show background images or html tables on the webpages if you dont need them, that should speed up your browser!
    08-16-08 09:45 AM
    At least now I know I'm not the only one with slow internet connections. I wonder if it's because of everyone getting info on the Olympics. ??
    08-16-08 01:19 PM
    I'm on VZW BIS and I've noticed it's been slow over the last few days. A lot more timeouts than normal, as well. I've cleared the cache to no avail. Anyone able to figure this out?
    08-16-08 01:55 PM
    I have been having the same problem for the last 2 1/2 days. Browser timeouts, load failures, etc....even when I have full signal.

I have tried resets, battery pulls, cache cleanings, history clears, resent service books...you name it, I have done it. I think it must be a problem with the BIS service in general.
    08-16-08 02:40 PM
    I wonder, has anyone tried calling their carriers to see what's going on? I'm tempted to call Verizon and see what they say. I have a feeling that it's going to be limited to "clear your cache, check the site, blah blah blah", but it might get something escalated..or least we would get an answer.
    08-16-08 02:57 PM
    This happening to me as well I have a very strong signal in my home but the browser is still slow as well

08-16-08 04:21 PM
    my browser has now become completely useless. i've tried numerous times throughout the past two days and all i get is a timeout and the error message. my email is not getting pushed to my Curve and facebook notifications are also not being sent to my fb app. this is extremely frustrating as i need to be able to access my email 24/7 to deal with some issues on eBay and emails for school. THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED!!!
    Last edited by rollman06; 08-16-08 at 05:46 PM.
    08-16-08 04:28 PM
    I have been having the same problem past 2 days. I did a battery pull and now I'm posting from my curve

08-16-08 04:53 PM
    Well, I just got off the phone with Verizon and..well, that was a complete waste of time. They resent the service books and said that should fix it..even though I've already done that. They also said that I should do a soft reset, even though I've already done those as well. Anyone here have any different luck or better yet, able to get this issue escalated?
    08-16-08 05:18 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD