2 issues that began recently:
    Everytime one of my yahoo contacts signs in, beejive sends a message to me saying XXX wants to add you as a contact. I answer yes and the contact is in my list. The next time they log in, it happens all over again.

I seem to be unable to add new yahoo contacts. I get a timeout error. I have both an msn and a yahoo account with beejive. Does't matter which one I try to add a yahoo buddy to, it times out and gives me an error. I was able to add one new yahoo contact to my yahoo account on beejive, but the person shows as offline even thought i know they are online,. I can log into my yahoo account on my pc and see them on line

anyone else having similar issues?
    12-18-08 07:07 PM
    Couple things you could try... First you could try a battery pull. You could also try uninstalling/reinstalling the app. I have no issues with Beejive.
    12-18-08 07:34 PM
    Thanks suncast
    Tried both of your suggestions..no change. And my list of buddies is different on my phone than on my pc...shouldn't they be the same?
    12-19-08 07:21 AM
    Yep. Only thing I can think of is something is odd about your account.
    12-19-08 10:08 AM
    Well i e mailed beejive support and got a strange reply:

We currently do not support MSN-YHOO interoperability though we support yahoo-msn interoperability for instant messaging. Could you add the msn buddies on your yahoo account through your regular yahoo messenger and then login to yahoo through Beejive IM. Then you should be able to see the MSN buddies from yahoo.
    So he is saying that if you use MSN(windows live) messenger, you cannot add any yahoo buddies. Has anyone found this to be true? I don't recall seeing any documentation about that when i decided to purchase the program.

And this does not address my issue of not being able to add any yahoo buddies to either account. I cannot add a yahoo buddy to my yahoo account. They remain in a pending request status and continually show offline, although they are added and working when i log into my account on my pc.
    12-19-08 02:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD