wait, so you can use the wifi without a data plan or t-mobile hotspots @ home thing? I tried the wifi the other day and i think it might have worked (either that or edge was doing it) but i got onto google and searched a few things. Anyway, i got scared that i'd get charged some fee since i don't have a data plan and got out of the browser. ANYWAY, again the question is: If no data, and no hotspots @ home (for t-mobile), can you use wifi (say in a university setting) without being charged a fee?
    You bet. TOTALLY free. Only thing is that you have to go to settings>Advanced>browser and change it from "t-zones" to "Hotspot Browser" otherwise it'll kepe pushing you to t-zones and ask you tyo sign-up for a data plan...a little sales trick. Just change your browser setting and you can access internet from ANY wifi network ANYTIME. I access the internet at home using my regular internet connection and also at my university or restaurants, hotels, etc.

Who needs a data plan!

Enjoy
    Last edited by ADberry; 06-20-08 at 10:42 AM.
    06-20-08 10:38 AM
    **** yes! thank you! WOOO
    06-20-08 04:04 PM
    i recently have a very good cheap unlimited internet access plan with my provider and am thinking of buying a 8700 BB from a friend who bought himself a 8310 BB as soon as i transfer the SIM and change the settings can i or will i be able to get BIS ???????
    06-20-08 04:59 PM
    I've got an 8320 and no data plan.I use wifi all the time at home (then to be safe&not get charged I turn data services off when I go out) which gives me the internet access etc. And after getting the free BIS enabler activated I now get my Yahoo emails forwarded to my device and use BBMessanger.
    The only thing I have probs with is sending MMS as the free BIS is a sporadic service for some of us.
    I can totally see why most people pay for a data plan, esp if for business or if you travel around a lot and need constant updates etc. I'm just a casual user and I get everything I need from my BB.

Hope you enjoy it when u get it,
    Take care
    Bx

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-20-08 05:11 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD