1. Does anyone know what size screwdriver i need to take the blackberry apart to make sure it's fully dry?

2. If it doesn't work, does anyone know of a good place to get a cheap new one? I've got no upgrade discount with ATT

3. Will my monthly sim card work in a Pay-as-you-go phone? I don't have a home phone so i have to get a new one while i'm figuring out the issues with the BB. And the pay-as-you-go phone's are also a lot cheaper.

Thanks in advance!
    07-20-08 11:40 AM
    1) T5 & T6
    2) EBay or Craigslist
    3) Should unless the water damaged that also
    07-20-08 11:44 AM
    1. Does anyone know what size screwdriver i need to take the blackberry apart to make sure it's fully dry?

2. If it doesn't work, does anyone know of a good place to get a cheap new one? I've got no upgrade discount with ATT

3. Will my monthly sim card work in a Pay-as-you-go phone? I don't have a home phone so i have to get a new one while i'm figuring out the issues with the BB. And the pay-as-you-go phone's are also a lot cheaper.

Thanks in advance!
    A1) Sorry never took my bb apart so I cant tell you that.
    A2) You can try ebay or craigslist.
    A3) Yes your sim card will work on a prepaid phone.
    p.s If your sim card got damage if you buy a prepaid it will come with a new one call At&t so you can activate that sim under your number!

Good luck!
    Last edited by Msmari; 07-20-08 at 11:46 AM. Reason: Added PS
    07-20-08 11:44 AM
    Well it was hot outside did the berry cannon ball or back stroke? Sorry to hear about your berry. But use what they said. ^^^^
    07-20-08 11:46 AM
    Call AT&T and get a price on a refurb.
    07-20-08 11:53 AM
    Call AT&T and get a price on a refurb.
    But the only way you can get a refurb is if you're eligible for an upgrade.
    07-20-08 11:55 AM
    Yeah what he said... lol ^^^^
    He beat me to it!!
    07-20-08 11:56 AM
    Hey this may or may not be of help...I dropped my 8830 into a sink with running water and it got soaked...I did an immediate power down (the screen still worked it was flickering though) pulled the battery and sim card. Then I turned on the oven put it to the lowest temp it could go without turning the oven off let it get to that temp and then put the phone in screen up on the top rack for like 15-20 minute intervals over like 3 days. At night I'd take it out and just let air get to it but it worked for me. Though I'd throw it out there.

PH

PS I know I didn't really answer any of your questions, but I didn't have a screw driver to pull it apart so I did what I could with what I had...it actually happened when I was in Ireland so it was a do or die situation as I was there for another 20 days and didn't want to deal with the hassle of Sprint trying to send me one but it all worked out
    07-20-08 01:44 PM
    Good luck man. Hope it works out.....nothing like being without a BB
    07-20-08 01:46 PM
    Happened to me. Filed insurance claim and got a new one; however, the phone did start working before I sent it back (left it alone for about 5-6 days). I have read a lot of success stroies by placing the phone in rice to soak up all the water. Good luck to you!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-08 01:52 PM
    first, ATT normally is very agreeable as long as you are pleasant to deal with.....aside from refurbs (which I have purchased in the past for my Son while I was "officially" upgrade ineligible - but got the good price anyway).....local brick and mortar stores often have demo phones and/or loaners that you can purchase on the cheap........I would also peruse amazon.com.......I hear they have hella curve deals right now........sorry for the loss of your Berry.......
    07-20-08 01:56 PM
    well stage one is complete, got a go phone for like 15 bucks and the sim card works, so now to go in search of a T5
    07-20-08 02:00 PM
    Good luck with that. If your BB has a good backstroke, it might make the olympic team
    07-20-08 02:03 PM
    i think it's a better candidate for the diving team considering the number of rotations it squeezed in on the fall... it felt like i was watching it in slow motion! HA!
    07-20-08 02:09 PM
    good luck man

bberry+h2o=no good
    07-20-08 02:11 PM
    Take the battery out, take any sim card or memory card out. get a baggie & fill it half way with minute rice. Place the phone in it & seal it for 24 hours. This should get all of the moisture out of the phone. Hope this helps & good luck.
    07-20-08 02:32 PM
    Also... as a last resort... run iso alcohol through it with the sim card out and battery out.

Might.... might clean any minerals off the boards left behind when the water drys...

Then blow dry it...

Worth a shot, thats how we cleaned electronic boards..
    07-20-08 07:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD