somebody help me...
    i was updating the OS to my BB, when an error occurred during the installation. now, half of the time my computer doesn't pick up my blackberry, but not only that, when it does pick up the blackberry...everytime i try to wipe it or load the new OS the blackberry restarts itself...

its ablackberry curve 8320
    i'm connected straight via USB

i'm using JL_Cmder as well as BB Desktop Manager, and everytime the computer tries to access the phone, the phone restarts itself and breaks communication.
    03-15-09 11:34 PM
    With JL_Cmder though, i CAN get screen shots from the phone, but its the 507 screen
    i can retrieve device info and i can do an event log...

but everytime i try to wipe or reset to factory, the phone restarts itself
    ...somebody help
    03-15-09 11:36 PM
    nobody?
    03-16-09 09:41 AM
    That is very unusual and I suspect none of us have encounted that problem before. That would explain the lack of replies.

The 507 means you have successfully removed the existing OS. At this point, Applications Loader should prompt you to install your OS.

I would suggest troubleshooting your USB connection on your computer.

View Document

If that does not help, try it on a different computer to rule out hardware issues.
    03-16-09 10:14 AM
    i've tried it with 2 different laptops...i guess i'll try with a desktop and see

thanks for the help though
    03-16-09 03:09 PM
    I had this same problem. Every time I tried to wipe or install an OS the screen would turn white, with the screen contents slowly "fizzing" or fading out until all white shows on the screen, breaking communication What I did when I tried installing an OS was use apploader from the folder directory, not through the Desktop Manager program. When it breaks communication I just pulled the battery and reinserted it enough times as it took for the progress to continue, meaning it regained communication.
    03-16-09 04:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD