My BB doesn't charge when plugged into the USB drive on my laptop. Does anybody know why that would be? It used to charge, but now it doesn't. And there is the charge symbol on my BB so I don't now what the deal it.
    03-06-09 03:10 AM
    the laptop has to be plugged into a wall source of power and not jsut running off the battery.
    03-06-09 03:21 AM
    reboot the laptop.. sometimes the dll file corrupts while loaded and fails to tell the USB port to up the current to the usb port.

happens on my xp64 desktop sometimes..

cheers
    03-06-09 03:29 AM
    I have an issue where it will say "insufficent current to charge device" coming from a desktop at work sometimes. Any workaround?
    03-06-09 04:37 AM
    See if you can connect to the bb using bb manager. You have to have installed BB desktop manager in order to charge your BB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-06-09 04:51 AM
    See if you can connect to the bb using bb manager. You have to have installed BB desktop manager in order to charge your BB.

Yeah, I have Desktop Manager installed.
    03-06-09 02:59 PM
    the laptop has to be plugged into a wall source of power and not jsut running off the battery.
    It is plugged into the wall.
    03-06-09 03:00 PM
    reboot the laptop.. sometimes the dll file corrupts while loaded and fails to tell the USB port to up the current to the usb port.

happens on my xp64 desktop sometimes..

cheers
    Thanks I'll try that and see if it works.
    03-06-09 03:00 PM
    How low is the battery?
    03-06-09 03:01 PM
    How low is the battery?
    It was at about 50%. It charges when I use the normal charger that plugs into a wall outlet. It just won't charge when I try to plug it into my laptop's USB. It's not a huge deal, but sometimes when I'm on my laptop I'll plug in my BB to just get a little extra charge.
    03-07-09 04:31 AM
    Yes make sure its plug to the wall, and or your PC is not on sleep or standby mode also.

03-07-09 07:49 AM
    reset bu pulling battery0

03-07-09 08:22 AM
    I charge my BB all the time by USB (with Desktop Software), but don't remember if an ICON appears (or the Amber light) to tell me it is charging. and my friend wants to know how they can tell it is working.
    Of course, I am at a full charge now, and maybe it just doesn't come on.
    I am plugged in, not asleep.
    03-17-09 11:14 AM
    I charge my BB all the time by USB (with Desktop Software), but don't remember if an ICON appears (or the Amber light) to tell me it is charging. and my friend wants to know how they can tell it is working.
    Of course, I am at a full charge now, and maybe it just doesn't come on.
    I am plugged in, not asleep.
    When it would charge with USB previously it would show the charging icon, but now that it won't charge it doesn't show that icon.
    03-17-09 12:43 PM
    i am also having the same problem. i use to be able to charge my 8330 with my macbook, now i plug my bb in and it shows the plug icon for like 2 seconds and it disappears.

i also wont recognize it as a mass storage device anymore...any help?
    03-18-09 03:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD