Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    Sup all,
    new to the bb world. first bb phone ever. it's a 8330 curve with verizon. i can already tell i wanna mod it but it lacks processing power. i would like sugestions as to non essential programs i can uninstall along with ways i can keep things running smooth (ie: no/less lag). the best media player for .avi files and mp4 (if there are any). and is opera mini worth the installation? ty.
    -fly
    11-04-09 07:42 PM
    How to Free Up Memory on your BlackBerry Smartphone | CrackBerry.com

Push the alt and back buttons. If there are more than five processes running, you've not properly closed the application. Ensure that you always close an application by selecting close in the menu.

I use Bolt instead, and it is my preferred browser. However, I haven't tried Opera Mini, so I can't say which is better.
    Last edited by CarolinaFaithful; 11-04-09 at 08:01 PM. Reason: Answered other questions.
    11-04-09 07:55 PM
    I've never tried Bolt, but do have Opera Mini and its awesome for viewing sites that don't have mobile. Its also noticeably faster than the native browser.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-04-09 08:19 PM
    Hey there, first off, you've def made the right choice by choosing a BB Best phone ever.

you could start by delete useless applications, such as the other languages which arent relevant for your usage.

I just installed opera a couple of hours ago. Its a tad better than the one tt comes with the BB. Its not laggy. Pages almost load instantly. I'm starting to love it.

If you are worried about the lack of processing power, do download the application called QuickPull. It refreshes your internal memory just like a battery pull.

Cheers.
    11-04-09 08:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD