I bought my first BB 3 weeks go. It came with a broken charging cable. In order to make sure my BB was not corrupted by the bad charging and some random reboots I exchanged and got another NIB from VZW.
    I readded most of my contacts and apps. BBM was already loaded. I sent requests to PIN's I had on my old BB. Well noone is receiving muy requests. I even tried sending to myself to no avail.
    I have pulled battery a few times, resent service books at least twice, delete PIN contacts and rerequested. What am I missing? What can I do? I love BBM as my main Instant messenging but only can send PM's or emails and ask them to send me a request to be added, which does work by the way.
    Once I accept their request I rock on with texting.
    Please help this newbie in trouble.
    Thank You.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-08 06:32 AM
    Maybe try running the Apploader and remove BBM from the device. Then after a few minutes re-install and see if that helps.
    07-13-08 06:43 AM
    I am hoping not to do that. The downloaded one I found is a different lower version that I have seen. On all new 8330 vzw curves.
    If I don't find an answer soon that is what I assume I will be doing.
    Thanks for your advice.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-08 06:46 AM
    Can you do other data functions on the device? email or browse the net?

You may want to try and re- reg the device. Options > adv options> Host Routing table > menu button and slelect reg now.

If this does not work you may want to call your carrier and see if your pin may have become deactivated on the RIM side.
    07-13-08 07:48 AM
    Can you do other data functions on the device? email or browse the net?

You may want to try and re- reg the device. Options > adv options> Host Routing table > menu button and slelect reg now.

If this does not work you may want to call your carrier and see if your pin may have become deactivated on the RIM side.
    I can do email, SMS, MMS, Browse the net, everything but send a ADD request to someone. It lists it as pending but the other user never receives it.
    Did a restore based on my original curve and lost browser and email settings but I Registered now and the browser and email settings icons returned.

BB MEssenger still will not send out add requests. I can get someone elses request to add me and once that is done I can chat freely with them

Keep the ideas coming please.
    07-13-08 12:07 PM
    I love BBM as my main Instant messenging but only can send PM's or emails and ask them to send me a request to be added, which does work by the way.
    That leads me to think they are adding correctly and you are not (not an insult)

open BBM > press menu > select add contact > scroll up to "Use Once"
    DO NOT CLICK THIS

instead press menu again > select "Request By Pin" > enter Pin number of the person you are trying to add > press trackball > edit message if you wish, if not press OK and you are done.
    07-13-08 12:14 PM
    That leads me to think they are adding correctly and you are not (not an insult)

open BBM > press menu > select add contact > scroll up to "Use Once"
    DO NOT CLICK THIS

instead press menu again > select "Request By Pin" > enter Pin number of the person you are trying to add > press trackball > edit message if you wish, if not press OK and you are done.
    Checked your previous posts and read all the faq's before posting this. The only difference is with the vzw 8330 Curve it says Email: and you type in the PIN and it says ssend contact request IF I click Use Once. I tried this after your way did not work also. Both puts it into pending but apparently noone gets it..

Thanks Amazing... If you send me your pin I would like to try and add you and see if it works
    07-13-08 12:23 PM
    Check your PM
    07-13-08 12:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD