I am not being notified when I am sent a message in bb messenger 4.5. I have my profile set to alert me in both messenger alerts and messenger new messages. My wife is the only bb messenger contact that I have and when I send her a message her 8330 vibrates and then beeps, my 8330 does nothing. Both our profiles are set up exactly the same with regards to messenger alerts and messenger new message.
    Any Ideas?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-29-09 09:33 PM
    Make sure your status is not set as "unavailable". If it is, you will not receive alerts or notifcations for BBM.

07-29-09 09:37 PM
    Thanks,
    I checked that just after I posted and it is and was set to available.
    Any other ideas?
    Btw, I am running os 4.5.0.131, if that makes any difference.

07-29-09 09:42 PM
    Mine did this the other night on OS .160... same thing. I changed to something else and then back again for the alert and also rebooted twice. I can't say for sure what started making it behave... but it finally did. Keep trying.. it'll come back.
    07-30-09 01:28 AM
    Thanks for the input. Today it did notify me a few times but not everytime. Very wierd. I have done numerous battery pulls, I wi now change settings, do a battery pull, change them back and see what happens.

07-30-09 06:55 PM
    I have noticed on my Curve 8330 that when I try to use the "Set Alert" function on my BBM, it is not always available for me to use. As I am looking at it now, I can set a 'set alert' for one contact (as an option). Should it not give me the option for all contacts when I highlight the name? Why is this? Why am I not available to set it for other contacts that I highlight (its not giving me the option to do so). I did a soft reset, no changes.

Does anyone have any comments, suggestions, remedies

Oh, has anyone tried the new BBM 5? Does it work on the curve
    08-03-09 03:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD