ok now this is a bit of a rookie question but i was wondering how secure is bb messenger? the reason being is because my girlfriend and i both have bb curves and often use bb messenger to communicate information ie: account numbers, personal information, etc. so is it safe to assume this information will be between my pin and hers or should i assume that such information is not safe to be transfered using bb messenger?
    01-26-09 08:46 AM
    It will only be shared to the pin you specificly send it to.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-26-09 09:12 AM
    I agree, you are safe, just close the convo out when done...
    01-26-09 09:16 AM
    thanks.... now i have piece of mind
    01-26-09 11:56 AM
    yeah, i use it with my girlfriend also (both have curves, she 8330 Verizon and i 8310 AT&T) and dont worry your words stay between you and her
    01-26-09 12:00 PM
    FYI, PIN messages (including BBM) are sent unencrypted, but don't actually go out on the Internet. Emails go:
    Sender->Internet->EmailServer1->Internet->EmaiiServer2->Reciever
    and PINs go:
    Device 1->BBServer->Device 2

They're both just as insecure encryption-wise (none), but PINs go across a much shorter and less exposed path
    01-26-09 12:08 PM
    relatively safe... yes, but... if you happen to be a BES user and the BES server is relatively current, then the BB Messenger data is only one of many things that "can" be logged and then, ultimately viewed by an admin.
    01-26-09 12:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD