I have a verizon 8330. When I first got the phone I deleted the bb maps app thinking I wouldn't use it. Now I have the need for a good navigation software. I have read that the bb maps is the only app. that will work for the verizon curve. I looked at the garmin mobile app and really like it but not sure it will work with my curve. So on to my question. I am running software version 4.5.0.77. And the mobile download site for the bb maps says its only compatable with version 4.1xx and 4.2xx. How can that be when my curve came with 4.5xx and bb maps already installed? I would really like to have bb maps back on my phone but can't find a way to reload it. Help me CB.
    03-26-09 09:17 AM
    In desktop manager, to to add applications. check the box for Blackberry maps, it will add that to the phone.

Or from your phones browser. http://mobileapps.blackberry.com/dev...Fg**?code=maps
    03-26-09 09:27 AM
    That's the way to do it! Add it through DM.
    03-26-09 09:28 AM
    In desktop manager, to to add applications. check the box for Blackberry maps, it will add that to the phone.

Or from your phones browser.
    I tried that and it isn't on the applications list in dm. I tried to download ota but it says its not compatable with my os. Which doesn't make sense because it was originally on the phone. Then I tried to download the app. to my computer and it says its not available for download and I have to get it ota.
    03-26-09 09:45 AM
    So you do see this at all?

03-26-09 09:52 AM
    I think maybe you have a newer version of dm than what I have. But yes my screen looks very similar to that. But bbmaps isn't on the list.
    03-26-09 09:59 AM
    Re install the OS on the computer. Not the blackberry. Once you have installed it, launch desktop manager then plug in device. Then try the application loader.

ya i would suggest you upgrade to 4.6 DM also.
    03-26-09 10:28 AM
    thanks man. I got dm 4.6 and reinstalled the os on my computer and now I have bb maps. Thanks again.

CB ROCKS!!!!!!!
    03-26-09 11:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD