Hi there:

The bb maps icon dissapear, i unchecked hide icons and remove and download the application again and i got the same problem... BB map icon missing
    12-14-08 02:31 PM
    So yau are able to download the application successfully, but you have no icon?
    12-14-08 02:33 PM
    Thats correct, i downloaded the application successfully but no icon appear, i am running last firmware 4.5
    12-14-08 02:40 PM
    Is the application listed under options>advanced options>applications?
    12-14-08 02:44 PM
    Is the application listed under options>advanced options>applications?
    Yep, i got 2 blackberries 8320 curve and one is perfect but the other got the bb maps missing, and is listed on applications, the one is missing the icon does not have unlimited data, i looked in folders like instant messengers and nothing, also at blackberry website they say bb maps is only for 4.1 and 4.2 OS but i got 4.5 and its working perfect in one curve who got unlimited plan data, the other curve where the icon is missing my wife use wifi in home.

any help please
    Last edited by Stones1; 12-14-08 at 03:06 PM.
    12-14-08 02:55 PM
    Only thing that comes to mind is that maybe the application is not for your OS...
    12-14-08 02:57 PM
    Yep, i got 2 blackberries 8320 curve and one is perfect but the other got the bb maps missing, and is listed on applications, the one is missing the icon does not have unlimited data, i looked in folders like instant messengers and nothing, also at blackberry website they say bb maps is only for 4.1 and 4.2 OS but i got 4.5 and its working perfect in one curve who got unlimited plan data, the other curve where the icon is missing my wife use wifi in home.

any help please
    12-14-08 03:08 PM
    Will it connect to the net via wifi to try registering the device?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-14-08 03:17 PM
    Also did you plug into your PC and start apploader to make sure the bbmaps option is checked in the application list?

12-14-08 03:19 PM
    Also did you plug into your PC and start apploader to make sure the bbmaps option is checked in the application list?

Of course, i did it
    12-14-08 03:35 PM

any help please

The 8320 is the one without a bbmaps icon? Does this phone have a cell plan, or are you just using it for the wifi? I have an 8320 with no sim card in it that I'm using for the wifi, and bbmaps does not show up even though it is installed. I have a feeling you need to have an active sim card in it so you can receive the necessary service books from your carrier. Until you put in a working sim, I'm not sure that the bbmaps will come up for you.

At least that's the conclusion I came to with mine...
    12-14-08 05:12 PM
    i guess thats the problem, the icon does not show because i dont have data plan on it, the other 8320 curve i got have data plan and the icon appear, there is not other explanation
    12-14-08 06:29 PM
    Man, that is my bad, i shoulda asked...
    12-14-08 06:30 PM
    Stones, I am only making suggestions and trying to help. I only asked about using apploader to be sure, nothing else. I have the 8320, I do have a data plan, but I thought BlackBerry maps was part of the app package. You did check the list of apps, but didn't say if it was there. Was it? Also, did you try to register the device via wifi?

That aside, I dumped bb maps for google maps. Have her download google maps via wifi and try it out. I think it is a much better map application.

12-14-08 06:38 PM
    Stones, I am only making suggestions and trying to help. I only asked about using apploader to be sure, nothing else. I have the 8320, I do have a data plan, but I thought BlackBerry maps was part of the app package. You did check the list of apps, but didn't say if it was there. Was it? Also, did you try to register the device via wifi?

That aside, I dumped bb maps for google maps. Have her download google maps via wifi and try it out. I think it is a much better map application.

Thanks a lot for your help, Sorry if you get me wrong, my english is not good, i used the apploader at desktop manager and i checked the list of apps and its there, also i checked the settings matching the other curve 8320 and everything look the same, i am gonna get your advice and get google maps via wifi, i thought BB maps was essential on bb curve.
    12-14-08 08:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD