Hi all,

I have just found the BB maps and have realised I can use my curve as a sat nav woooot!!!!

Only problem is I need voice commands as I drive on my own sometimes and don't want to be looking at my phone every two minuites.

Is it possible to do this or should I invest in a sat nav?

Jp
    06-24-08 05:49 AM
    I believe you can download Nav4All that has the option of voice directions.
    06-24-08 06:36 AM
    CoPilot also gives voice directions. It has a free 180-day trial. I found it worked very well.
    06-24-08 06:47 AM
    On my curve I use Garmin Mobile. It works great for me. I assume it works on Pearl also but not sure. It has been a great program with very clear voice commands and turn by turn directions. They have a free trial period on their website then I was able to get it for $99.00 a one time fee good for the life of your phone. So if you will be upgrading soon or change phones alot may not be a good idea but if you are keeping your phone for a bit this program is very much worth the money
    06-24-08 07:07 AM
    Thanks JEEFH for the information.
    06-24-08 08:05 AM
    Nav4All is a sweet app, but at the moment is broken for the Curve. ALL of the voice prompts get cut off. When they get that fixed, it worked pretty well.

The co-pilot version I tried introduced "instability" to my curve. All returned normal when i uninstalled and rebooted. Looked good...so I will try again in a while after a few bug fix cycles.

Since I have Verizon, I am forced to use my bluetooth puck (a$$hats disable the internal GPS chipset). If they stopped doing that and I can get a sat-nav package to install, it may be the ultimate converged device yet.
    06-24-08 09:40 AM
    Hmm... I'll have to check out Garmin mobile, it would be nice to have voice directions.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-24-08 09:55 AM
    Sprint has their own app called sprint navigation powered by telenav. It have voice directions. I really like it. So if you have sprint its free as long as you have a data plan that includes sprint nav. That is probably all the new plans recently announced and several of the vision packs.
    06-24-08 10:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD