I have been using two 8700's on T-Mo and AT&T network. Since I travel internationally, I have the BB International Roaming add-on. I can send/receive e-mails and browse the web in foreign countries on my Blackberry without incurring any extra charges. That is until I upgraded to the 8320 on T-Mobile. Now I get charged extra for web usage when I am outside the US. My plans have not changed. Is the Curve somehow provisioning data differently than the 8700?

This is frustrating since I may have to go back to the 8700 in order to avoid paying those hefty data roaming fees.
    04-08-08 01:26 AM
    how much extra is the bb international roaming?
    04-08-08 02:40 AM
    It's the $19.99/month T-Mobile Blackberry Int'l e-mail add-on. I did some digging and found that some people have been charged for data while roaming internationally while others haven't seen any data charges.

Since I was charged data only after switching to the 8320, I suspect the networks were not able to distinguish e-mail from internet data coming from the 8700. But the 8320 is now flagging the packets as either e-mail or data for the network to identify. Hence the new charges for data usage.
    04-08-08 03:28 AM
    That doesn't cover phone calls?
    I think I'm better off switching to a local sim and using wifi.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-08-08 03:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD