Hi all,
    I searched the forums and didnt see anything related to this; i got a 8330 curve, running 4.5.131.

Had the phone for months so i am well aware of how to use it. (not a noob..lol)

Today for some reason whenever i get a BB IM the damn thing is not alerting me at all. Everything else works, ie: SMS, email, phone, AIM, google talk etc.

I checked everything in my profiles and nothing has changed. I pulled the battery to see if that would help and nothing..... I am on sprint and my wife is on Sprint as well with the same exact phone. Hers is working fine.

Any thoughts? Ever hear of this happening before?
    05-18-09 07:17 PM
    That is very odd. At times my phone does not alert me of a new message or IM, but it tends to correct itself.

I would set the phone to vibrate, and see if you get alerted then of the new message, then switch it to ring.

Thats usually what I end up having to do.
    05-18-09 07:26 PM
    Louie, did you go to Profiles >Advanced Profiles >Hit Menu >Edit?
    05-18-09 07:30 PM
    Tried all of the above my friends....all to no AVAIL. Very odd.
    05-18-09 08:07 PM
    This is so odd, I know this happened to someone else, and I was trouble shooting, and it was something that was SO random that caused it.
    05-18-09 08:10 PM
    I dont get it....hopefully it will just start working as it just stopped. lol. If not back to the Sprint store i go. :-(
    05-18-09 08:22 PM
    I FIXED IT!!!!! but i am pissed on how i had to fix it. I restored from last weeks backup. ARRRRRRGGGGG!!!!!
    05-18-09 09:07 PM
    hey, well atleast you got it fixed, hopefully in a week it doesnt do the same again
    05-18-09 09:08 PM
    Hi all,
    I searched the forums and didnt see anything related to this; i got a 8330 curve, running 4.5.131.

Had the phone for months so i am well aware of how to use it. (not a noob..lol)

Today for some reason whenever i get a BB IM the damn thing is not alerting me at all. Everything else works, ie: SMS, email, phone, AIM, google talk etc.

I checked everything in my profiles and nothing has changed. I pulled the battery to see if that would help and nothing..... I am on sprint and my wife is on Sprint as well with the same exact phone. Hers is working fine.

Any thoughts? Ever hear of this happening before?
    I know you fixed this issue BUT, I had the same thing happen to me the other day BB IM wouldn't come in I changed it to loud to silent to vib and never fixed it even did a battery pull. Finally worked after I pulled the battery a few times and now its working. I would like to know why It does this also.
    05-19-09 12:25 AM
    I just stumbled upon this on the blackberry website:

from their KB:

View Document

I didn't even think of that.... i shoulda checked to see if i was unavailable first, instead of having to restore.....LOL.

Oh well, now i know for next time.
    Last edited by LouieLou74; 05-19-09 at 12:54 AM.
    05-19-09 12:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD