Hi all. I'm an old user of the site, strayed and went to iPhone and now I'm coming home. I just won an Curve 8320 off eBay and am wondering what all will I need to do to get it up to speed. It is slightly used, but I want to upgrade the system, add my social networking apps and that's it. Any advice to get me started?

Thanks
    12-11-09 08:29 PM
    Welcome. someday please tell us why the iPhone is god awful!
    12-11-09 09:24 PM
    Well, first and foremost:
    Welcome back.

Upgrade for the OS is at the top of this forum. Sticky'd. With clear, step-by-step, instructions on how to upgrade. It's easy.

May as well grab yourself a charging pod/dock for it to save wear and tear on the USB slot.
    Linky : http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/wow...inside-329549/

If it's used, and a little more beat-up than you care for, a quick and easy housing replacement will make it brandy-new and shiny again. Videos aplenty on Youtube cover the swap, and new housings are less than $10.oo off eBay. It's easy as well.

Jack
    12-11-09 11:08 PM
    Welcome. someday please tell us why the iPhone is god awful!
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

No problem. For a phone that was designed to change the world as we know it, the company should have better prepared. The phone call is dreadful. I live right by a tower in a mid-sized city and my calls constantly drop. MMS and SMS usually have to be sent twice just to go through, and we won't even get on the battery life. I
    got caught in the 3GS hoopla and paid dearly for an early upgrade. After two weeks, the phone spontaneously rebooted, completely shut down and deleted all my contacts - even after syncing to iTunes many could not be retrieved. So I returned to the store and I was downgraded to a 3G (a suggestion of an employee for "less kinks"). It was no better. The apps are constantly crashing and I actually had to go to Edge network, turn off push email, and completely reboot the phone just to load Web sites decently and make it 3 hours of talk/standby time. And the new commercials about you being able to surf/check email and talk at the same times.....LIES!! I always get error messages about network connections. Don't believe the Apple/ATT hype! I will iTunes but that's it! I tell everyone the same thing: if you want everything in a smartphone but a phone, get an iPhone. I could go on and on.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-11-09 11:43 PM
    I did the same and i came back to the metro pcs 8330. I love it and i cant say i miss the unlocked iphone 3g. It was pretty much useless app after useless app. My email is back with vengence, and im loving it!!!!!!!
    12-12-09 09:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD