I am getting an error 507 on my screen and it will not let me do anything with it. I was using the app loader to get rid of tellme (which would not work). I had a beta version of 4.5 on the phone and had tried repeatedly to get it off using the wipe. It would never let me install a different version, I completely delted 4.5 off of my pc and have re-downloaded the most recent official version for the 8310. I leave to go out of town this evening and need the phone to function. Some input is needed. Thanks.
    05-05-08 11:30 AM
    Well ya got rid of 4.5. Error 507 is a nice way of saying there is no OS installed on the phone. So if you have 4.2 installed on your computer and run app loader it should work. You may need to reboot your computer, the phone, and delete the vendor.xml file found in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader.

How do I upgrade the OS on my BlackBerry? - BlackBerryFAQ
    How do I downgrade the OS on my BlackBerry? - BlackBerryFAQ
    05-05-08 11:46 AM
    The desktop manager is not connecting to my phone?
    05-05-08 11:51 AM
    Greetings, Calm down, this is fixable quite easily. Here's how.

1). Make sure tha you have v4.3 of Desktop Manager installed from here. Get the nomediamanager file Desktop Software v4.3 b25 without Media Manager (English).exe.
    2). Make sure that 4.5 is COMPLETELY removed.
    3). Install the current latest version from https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...190CAAD5802983
    4). Delete Vendor.xml from C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader.

Run Desktop Manager and connect your phone. If the installation does not start autumatically, launch Application Loader and, if neccessary go throught the connection wizard to find your BB.

This procedure has worked for me and many others.

If it does not, then download Jl_Cmder look here and run that using this link How do I wipe the BlackBerry using Jl Cmder? - BlackBerryFAQ

If that does not work then try this link. What to do next if Jl Cmder will not connect and wipe - BlackBerryFAQ[/URL]

Lastly you can try this running this from a CMD prompt (Start, run, cmd) C:\Program Files\JL_Cmder\javaloader.exe -usb wipe

One of these solutiins will work, I am sure.

Good luck and come back here if you need to.
    Last edited by Pete6; 05-05-08 at 12:07 PM.
    05-05-08 11:58 AM
    Have you tried a battery pull? With your phone on, remove the battery for 30 seconds, then put it back in.

If that still doesn't work, read the thread below.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ckberry-32322/
    05-05-08 11:59 AM
    Thanks for the referral sunkast.

When the device is totally dead, that is the way to force it back to life.
    05-05-08 12:49 PM
    Thank you guys, so much. I guess I learned a valuable lesson about betas. Everything is working.
    05-05-08 01:23 PM
    Congrats on getting it back in service.

On the plus side, you now have everything you need to customize your own system and free up additional memory.
    05-05-08 01:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD